Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-12-31
Words:
7,975
Chapters:
10/10
Kudos:
14
Hits:
2,875

Not Another Cliche Love Story!

Summary:

AU, Ryro. Probably will be funny, not angsty and most likely a little cliche.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Fandom: X-Men movieverse
Characters: ensemble
Rating: PG-13
Author's Notes: Parts will probably be very short.

Chapter Text

Not Another Cliche Love Story!
by SmartassChef14

 

Marie stared at her menu, absentmindedly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She was supposed to meet a friend here but, knowing Kitty, something cute had walked by and she's forgotten. Oh, well. This place had good hot chocolate and better brownies so not a complete waste of time. Not to mention, the very cute boy at the corner table who might just be looking at her. Kitty would be so upset she missed this guy. Okay, he was definitely looking at her.

She stared at him for a few seconds, as if trying to figure something out and he fervently hoped that she hadn't assumed he was gay just because he was here with a guy friend. Who wasn't gay either. He thought. So he winked at her, and she blushed. Honest to God, tomato cheeks blushed. He hadn't met a girl who was any kind of modest or who even knew how to blush in a while, let alone one that looked like that. In fact, he hadn't met a girl that looked like that in a while. There were the usual drop-dead gorgeous girls, of course, but she had something that set her apart that he couldn't quite put his finger very unique and undeniably interesting. He liked it.

Marie waved the waiter over and ordered her hot chocolate and brownie to go, avoiding the eyes of the man who she could feel staring at her still. The attention wasn't entirely unwelcome but she wasn't used to it.

"Hello? John?" Bobby waved his hand into front of his friend's face.

"Huh?"

"Where'd you go?" Bobby swiveled his head in the direction John was staring but all he saw was an empty table.

"Nowhere." Damn, she left. She'd been way more interesting then whatever Bobby-boy had been going on about.

"Well, anyways. I met this great girl the other day and..."

Marie hurried out the door of the coffee shop and pulled out her cell phone. Odds were, Kitty'd just gotten caught up in something but might as well check in.

"Kit?"

"Oh, hey. Whatcha doing?"

"I'm just leaving the coffee shop you were supposed to meet me at."

"Oh, god, I am soo sorry. I just got distracted and..."

"I know. It's fine, only the 3rd time this month. I'm just kidding, Kit. But I will remember this and one day when you least expect it you will have to make it up to me."

"Right. Anywho, I met the cutest guy the other day and he invited me to a party that he and his friends are throwing this weekend and you should soo go with me."

"I don't know, Kit."

"Come on, please. For me?"

"Alright, fine. But you owe me, okay?"

End Part One.