Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
282
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
920

Past Imperfect

Summary:

John searched the universe for Jack (and a diamond) only to lose both.  That had to hurt.

Work Text:

Past Imperfect
by Lilithangel

 

 

After Jack had disappeared from the Agency he'd searched everywhere for his partner.  Didn't matter that they'd argued as much as they'd fucked, the fucking had been amazing.  Didn't matter that they'd cheat, steal and betray each other for any nice piece of tail that came along, the fucking had still been amazing.

Didn't matter what name either of them went by, Jack, John, Tom, Dick or Harry.  They always caught up with each other.  For revenge or to help out, it didn't matter.

The five years/two weeks, whatever, had cemented something between them that he thought could survive anything and anyone.

He hadn't counted on a backwater planet and a conscience.  They hadn't been trained to have a conscience.

He was really sorry to have to kill Jack, again.  He hadn't meant that to be the outcome of finding Grey.  Grey was the darkness in Jack's eyes even when they were laughing, Grey was the reason Jack became so good at torture when the Agency got hold of some of the creatures that destroyed Jack's homeland.  Grey had been sobbed into his shoulder after too many hyper-vodkas.

He'd wanted Jack to look at him the way the Captain looked at his team.  He'd wanted more of those few unguarded moments they'd shared waiting for the time loop to break.  He'd wanted to matter.

Instead he'd got a cool look and a turned cheek, while Jack clung to his pets and put Grey in cold storage rather than death.

This wasn't the Jack he'd rampaged across time with and yet he really wanted one of those hugs.


END