Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of McHale's Navy Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
453
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,259

Deleted Scene: Portrait of a Peerless Leader

Summary:

scene set during "Portrait of a Peerless Leader"

Work Text:

Episode Summary: Capt. Binghamton sees a chance to get McHale out of his command by having him transferred to teach at a PT boat school. -- from Season 1 DVD box set

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

McHale slipped away from the dancers at his birthday party. He laughed at Binghamton’s spastic, yet stiff dancing with one of the girls. He whistled quietly. Too bad the girl didn’t look to be having much fun.

Gruber joined him. “Look at Ol’ Leadbottom go. Who knew he had it in him?”

McHale’s eyes sparked mischievously. “It’s a talent he should’ve kept hidden.”

“At least he brought the champagne and we can use the portrait he gave you for dart practice. What a birthday present,” Gruber drawled. He leaned close to McHale’s ear and lowered his voice. “What’s he really doing here, Skip? What does he want?”

“I’ll explain later. Let’s just say that we might have our opportunity to get rid of him.” McHale nudged Gruber and smirked. “Hey, I’ve got a lucky number waiting for me at the far side of the island at the private lagoon. Do me a favor. Keep everyone here.”

Gruber grinned. “Say no more, Skip. You’ll have complete privacy.”

“You’re a lifesaver, Grub.”

“Happy birthday.” Gruber rubbed his hands together. “Now, hurry up. Don’t keep her waiting.”

“Thanks.” McHale took one last look at Binghamton’s gyrations. He chuckled, winked at Gruber, and hurried off.

Ten minutes later, McHale came out of the thick trees and bushes onto a small beach. He found Carpenter lying on a blanket with a bottle of Binghamton’s champagne. He went to stand near Carpenter’s head and leaned down to rest with his elbows on his knees. He grinned. “Hey.”

Carpenter already rid himself of his hat, uniform jacket, and tie. His shirt was open at the neck and he was barefoot. He smiled drunkenly. “Hey yourself.”

McHale lay on his side next to Carpenter. “You’re in a good mood. How much of that giggle water have you had?”

“I don’t know.” Carpenter giggled and handed the two-thirds empty bottle to McHale. He only slightly slurred his words. “One thing about Ol’ Leadbottom. He buys the best booze.”

McHale took a drink and shut his eyes. “Nice. Much better than that bootleg stuff my boys make. That could take the finish off a table.”

Carpenter laughed harder and pushed McHale on his back. He slid on top of him and framed McHale’s face in his hands. He brushed their noses together. “Happy birthday.”

McHale smelled the champagne on Carpenter’s breath. He set the bottle to the side. He licked at Carpenter’s lips while wrapping his arms around him. “Thanks. This day’s turning out even better than I expected.”

Carpenter kissed and sucked on McHale’s throat. He started rubbing against him. “Aren’t you gonna unwrap your present?”

Series this work belongs to: