Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
264
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Hits:
834

Buffy's Heart

Summary:

Buffy has a revelation to make before her group goes off to save the world again.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Buffy's Heart
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        "If I'm the comedy, Buffy's our strength, Faith's our guts, and Will's our brains," Xander asked, looking at the gathered group of his friends as he tried to make light of yet another impending battle over the world, "who's our heart?"

        Buffy looked at Willow before turning to face Xander. "Giles is our brains," she corrected him gently. "Willow is our heart. She always has been mine." She smiled at the redhead who had not only brought her back to life but also gave her life true meaning beyond simply killing evil things and saving the world day in and day out. She closed the declaration with a gentle kiss on the smiling redhead's soft lips.

        Willow beamed as she basked in Buffy's love like a happy cat in sunshine.

        Xander's smile stretched from ear to ear. "Cool!"

        Faith grinned. "'Bout time, B."

        Even Rupert smiled warmly, though the surprised Watcher was at a loss for words. He looked at Buffy with pride shining in his eyes. His Slayer had found true strength at last.

        Buffy smiled as relief coursed through her. Even knowing that their Slayer was gay, her team, her friends still supported her! She took Willow's hand in hers and raised their clasped fingers skyward. "Let's do it! Let's go save the world again!" She smiled at her, no longer afraid. "And then I'll show everybody just how much I love you, my Wills!" She kissed the tip of her perky nose and then took her mouth again before leading the charge into battle.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.