Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
593
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,169

Blue As The Ocean

Summary:

A tender moment between Thomas O'Malley, the proud father, and his favorite kitten, Marie.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Blue As The Ocean
by Pirate Turner

        Thomas padded quietly into the room to find Marie listening with rapt attention, her tiny ears perked straight forward, to Madam discussing a time long past with her male friend. He stopped beside her and smiled at how big and lovely her eyes were and the sweet expression on her tiny face. She reminded him of her mother for she was truly growing to become Duchess' spitting image. He hoped she grew slowly for he had come to love her and her brothers as his own kittens and hated the thought of them ever growing out of their kittenhood. He wrapped a gentle arm around her small body. "What is it, kitten?"

        "Oh, Papa -- "

        For a moment, Thomas didn't hear what Marie was saying for he was too busy smiling and feeling a warm glow in his heart that he'd never dreamed, before meeting Duchess, could feel so wonderful. His eyes grew moist. She loved him; she really loved him and accepted him as not just a part of her life but as her father! He had never been prouder! A deep purr began rumbling from him just as he began to hear her words again.

        "The ocean sounds so beautiful!"

        "The ocean, huh? It's not so bad," he rumbled. It was big and huge and way too wet, but it had been awfully pretty the one time he'd seen it.

        "I wish I could see it!"

        "Look into a mirror, Marie, and you'll see the loveliest shade of blue ever. Your mother's eyes always reminded me of something. I thought, once, that it might be the sky, but her eyes are bluer and prettier. Yours are just like hers."

        Marie crinkled her tiny, pink nose in confusion as she stared up at her adopted father. His words sounded pretty and romantic, but she didn't completely understand what he was saying. "What do you mean?" she asked, no longer fearing looking silly in his eyes for she knew he loved her just like she loved him. They, along with her mother, her stupid brothers, and Madam, were a family now, and nothing would ever change that.

        "You want to see the ocean, little one?" he purred as he looked down into her eyes.

        She nodded excitedly.

        "Find you a mirror and look in it. The ocean can be seen in your eyes."

        "Really?!" she squealed. She took off running, wriggling out of his arm and heading for her destination like a dart. He followed at a more subdued pace, still grinning a feline smile from ear to furry ear. She led him up the stairs and into Madam's bedroom, and he watched her fondly as she jumped and climbed until she was on top of Madam's dresser. He knew Duchess wouldn't approve of her behavior, but she was busy with the boys at the moment.

        Marie didn't stop until she was right in front of the mirror. She pressed her nose to the glass and shivered at the cold of its pane. She stared at her own eyes that were so blue. "Wow!" She smiled as she continued gazing at herself. She puffed up her chest and fluffed out her white fur, her eyes never leaving those of her reflection.

        Below, Thomas shook his head, but he was still grinning even as he hoped Duchess didn't find out he had just given her daughter an ego stroke his mate would claim she didn't need. He chuckled and continued to joyously watch his favorite kitten.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.