Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2013-06-18
Words:
88,482
Chapters:
272/272
Comments:
2
Kudos:
57
Hits:
36,175

Mini-Fragments

Summary:

     A little writing tool I was told about somewhere...  Take a dictionary and open it to a random page.  Pick a word.  Write something - a paragraph, a scene, something involving or inspired by that word. Repeat as needed. Each word got a fragment, many are unconnected - some may get continuations/sequels or at least additional fragments in the same setting.

These are original works, all characters are mine. I have no idea where some of them came from, and a few are a bit disturbing. Any comments are welcome.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1 - psyche

Chapter Text

Mini-fragments
by Lucinda

 

 

(psyche)

       "You're going to scar my fragile psyche if those hands go any further."

       The voice from the doorway startled the couple from their embrace. She began to blush, glancing from the doorway to the floor and back again, fingers lifting to touch her lips.

       The man glared, dark eyes meeting the similar pair in the doorway. "If anyone's in danger of mental scaring, it isn't you, Ray.  And you don't need to stay and watch, you can go somewhere else.  Anywhere else."

       "It's more fun to pester you," Ray was unrepentant as he sauntered into the apartment.  "Besides, I live here too.  It isn't just your little love-nest."

       "I'd try to set you up with someone suitable, but I don't know anyone who'd be able to put up with you for more than a couple dates," she whispered, not quite looking at Ray.

       "What's wrong with that?  A couple dates, move on to the next woman," Ray shrugged, a smile displaying gleaming white teeth.

       "I've tried to get rid of him, but he keeps coming back," he whispered to his girlfriend.  "Sorry."

       Leaning her head against her boyfriends shoulder, she sighed.  "You can't pick your relatives.  And everyone's got someone that embarrasses them occasionally."

       "Even you?" he rubbed his hand over her back.

       She closed her eyes, thinking of some people that she hoped to never see again, "yes, even me."