Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
466
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,265

A toothpick tale

Summary:

post ep scene for Cloak

Work Text:

 

A toothpick tale
by Ceindreadh


"What can they do?  There's no way she walks out of here," said Tony.

"No way," agreed Ziva.

"Ahem," Abby, nudging Jimmy to make him see what she had seen behind the agent's backs.

If it had been scripted it couldn't have been timed better.  The three agents turned as one and watched as Lee calmly walked passed and called "Goodnight everyone" as she headed for the elevator.

Jimmy was the first one to react, "I...we...shouldn't somebody stop her?"

"What?" asked McGee.  "I mean, yeah, maybe."  He looked to Tony for assistance.  "Tony?"

Tony shrugged, "Guess Gibbs is a sucker for a sob story, or maybe he's still pulling the strings.  We should probably just wait until he feeds us our next lines."

"But what if..."  Jimmy's voice trailed off as Tony fixed his gaze on him.

"What, Autopsy Gremlin?  If Lee walked out of that interrogation room it's because Gibbs and Vance let her, and who are we to question them.  Come on, it's not like she could have taken out the pair of them before making her escape!"  Tony laughed easily.

---------------------

Several floors away a pair of very disgruntled NCIS agents were trying to free themselves from a set of handcuffs.

"This is all your fault," growled Director Vance.  "Falling for that sob story about a daughter in peril."

"*My* fault?  I'm not the one who brought a dangerous weapon to the interrogation!" snapped Gibbs.

"It was a blasted toothpick!  Who the hell thinks of using a toothpick as a weapon?  And more to the point, why the hell didn't *you* stop her?  All your Marine training in self defense and fighting, weren't there any classes on attacks with oral hygiene products?"

Gibbs glanced up from where he was using a very battered toothpick in place of a handcuff key.  "I took the advanced defense course, which included defense against attacks from pointed sticks."

"And?  What, you couldn't have adapted whatever strategy they taught you?"

"No," growled Gibbs, "Our instructor never got past the fresh fruit part of the syllabus."  He swore profusely as the toothpick yet again failed to accomplish its task.  "Look, why don't we just call for assistance?"

"What?  And have it known that a Lawyer took down two of NCIS's finest?  Just get us out of these cuffs, and if you hurry you might make it down to Lee's car before she gets there."

It took a little more effort, but finally the cuffs fell open and the two men ran for the door.  Vance stopped Gibbs just before he opened it.  "What happened here doesn't leave this room, agreed?"

"Agreed," said Gibbs.

The End

(additional note - I don't own Monty Python either, but at least I know what to do if attacked by somebody with a banana!)