Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
712
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,045

The things you hear in a sick room

Summary:

Sara Rose has to take care of her sister Magen when she is ill.

Work Text:

The things you hear in a sick room.
by Blaze S. Deverox
blazesaki@aol.com

 

 

Sara Rose grumbled as she made tea for her ailing twin. Even if they were twins the sisters were not that much alike.  Both were tiny built with faire skin and red hair. But Magen had striate hair that she kept cut short, so that it would not get in her way wile she worked at the hospital as a doctor. Mags was happily married to her sweetheart of over 10 years, even if they had only been married for two. And Mags was very seldom ill. But oh when she was the normally easy tempered one of the pare get really bitchy.

Sara Rose wore her wavy hair long in a braided down her back. Sara Rose was a doer. When she wasn't hitting the books going for yet anther PHD. She was out adventuring, or as the girl's aunt put it getting her self in to trouble. Sara Rose was all so the one who was ether hurt or suffering from one of her many resaptory ailments.

Taking the tea up stares Sara Rose opened the door to the bed room Magen shared with her husband Seth. Magen was propped up in the bed with books, Kleenex , the TV remote , and any thing her loving husband had decided she might need before he took their infant son out for the day .  Leaving Sara Rose to deal with her twin.

" Mags , I got ya some of that tea ya like. Drink it wile it's hot. "

Magen blow her nose and glared. Her normally dove gray eyes hard as flint. A glare that had cowed many a orderly, nurse and even some of the older doctors at the hospital. " I don't want it."

Sitting the cut on the night stand Sara Rose sat next to her . Sara's blue/green eyes showed no pity at the least. " Damn it all Mags, I if you weren't my sister I'd leave to to fend for you self. I guess it's all true that doctors make the worse patients. Now drink this and rest."

"You know you can be a real pain in the rear some times." Magen said as she drink the tea.
Crossing her arms and glaring. " I was under the impression that was all the time. But at least when I get sick I do whatever it takes to get better fast. "

" I want some milk. "

'No! You have the flu and the last thing you need is more crud in you lungs to hack up. So it's tea , juice, and lots of water till you're better."

"I WANT MILK DAMN IT!!!!!"

"AND I SAID NO!!!!!"

Throwing her self back on the pillows Magen crossed her arms , looking very muck like a sulky child in stead of the award wining genus she was. Lowering her head, Magen begin to cry, something both twins seldom did. Sara Rose pulled her sister to her and hugged her.

"Mags, it's OK Love. Being sick is not the end of the world. You will get better."

"I know I will. But every day at the Hospital I have to see people, even kids who will never get better no matter how much I try to save them. I feel so helpless."

" I know Mags. I, That's why I don't join you as a doctor. I'm not as strong as you are. I never could stand to lose, any thing or any one. "

Pulling away. " I hate losing . I try so hard no to lose a patent, but no matter what I do some of them still die."

" Yes , I know but you don't let losing them stop you. You just try harder with the next one.

Remember when we were residents? How I reacted the first time I lost a patent? I walked out of the hospital and have never looked back. You kept right on going. "

Wiping her tears away. " I hate it when you're right."

"Damn striate you do. Now I'm going to run you a hot bath. That will help those aces."

"Sara, I love you."
 
" I love you Mags."