Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
215
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,105

Fire and Rain

Summary:

Dorothy waxes poetical while held in Blanche's loving embrace.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Fire and Rain
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        She's like fire, fierce, wild, and hard to control as she races across the plain of life. I am the rain that's supposed to quench her, the voice of reason meant to calm, but when she holds me like this and touches me like this, I lose all sense and reason. Her kisses are like fragments of lava, reminding me of the last powerful explosion and luring me back to fall into her fire again and again.

        She is like fire and I am her rain, meant to soothe, calm, and ultimately win her over, but this time, as it does every time we clash, her fire triumphs and the rain sizzles with the electric energy only she can charge it with. Time and again, fire defeats rain until the rain no longer fights and only pours from the heavens in a downpour destined to comingle with fire forever.

        And glad it is I am that fire has bested my rain again this night for life without her kisses, holds, caresses, smiles, and laughter would be but a mere, dull existence for it is her fire that gives life to my existence and fills it with vibrant color where once was only shades of black and white.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.