Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
252
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,119

A Hard Question to Ask

Summary:

Polaris offers Wildcihld advice about Shard.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

A Hard Question to Ask
by Pirate Turner

 

        It was a cool Spring day. Wildchild and Polaris were discussing Kyle's feelings for Shard. "Why don't you just ask her?" Lorna suggested.

        "But I can't," Kyle protested.

        "Why not?" asked Lorna.

        "Because she's just a hologram," Kyle replied with a sigh. "At least that's what Forge and Valerie say."

        "She was at the beginning, but, by some miracle, she's turning human," Lorna informed him. "You should ask her. I mean, what's the worse she can say?"

        "No?" suggested Kyle.

        "Right! You see, Shard can only say 'yes' or 'no' - it's a 50/50 chance! Come on, Kyle, what do you have to loose?"

        "Hmm....let's see. My diginity."

        "What's more important to you, Kyle - the possibilty of loosing your diginity or never knowing?" asked Polaris.

        Kyle was still thinking about this when Shard came up to them. "Hi, Kyle. Hi, Lorna."

        "Bye, Kyle. Bye, Shard." Lorna walked off swiftly, leaving the two alone.

        The conversation between the two grew eeriely quiet. Kyle finally broke the silence when he asked, "Shard, will....will you go out with me? You know, be my girlfriend?"

        Shard thought about this for awhile. Kyle held his breath, afraid she would say 'no'. Just as he turned to leave, Shard made her decision. "Yes, I will, Kyle."

        Lorna had been eavesdropping on the entire conversation. She smiled and gave Kyle the thumbs-up sign. Kyle turned back sharply and grabbed Shard in a huge hug. He kissed her!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.