Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
224
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
916

Companionship

Summary:

A moment with Logan and Charles as they reminisce over lost loves. Set not long after Mariko's death.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Companionship
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        They stared into the crackling fire for hours on end. The elder man with the gentle soul and reassuring smile was the only company the shorter man would tolerate that night. Not a word was spent between them, but they enjoyed the quiet companionship as they retraced old memories.

        When at last the elder moved to leave, the quiet was broken by his friend's gruff but soft voice. "Does it ever get any better?"

        Charles looked into Logan's eyes. He would not tell him a lie, but he did not have the heart to tell him the whole truth. "Eventually, the pain does dull, my son, for you learn to live with it." As I have mine. "But you never forget the love of your life."

        "I don't want to forget her. It just . . . " his voice dropped to a choked, barely audible whisper as he gathered all his courage to admit, " . . . hurts so much."

        "I know." Charles placed a gentle, comforting hand on Logan's as his own thoughts turned back to his beloved Erik.

        The two were found sitting side by side in the morning, Charles sleeping soundly with his hand still covering Logan's while Logan's beer dripped onto the carpet. Ororo quietly covered them both, cleaned Logan's mess, took his beer, and went on about her day.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.