Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
319
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,315

I'll Always Catch You

Summary:

Sydney gets hurt.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



I'll Always Catch You
by Pirate Turner

 

        Bullets blazed, ripping through the air around the Rangers as they returned equally heavy fire at the gang. Sydney Cooke took careful aim around the edge of her car and took another expert shot. Her bullet soared home, knocking the thug off of his motorcycle, but at the same time that he fell, one of the others yelled angrily and rode her way. She jumped to her booted feet as he soared over her car and turned to run, but he was right behind her. A bullet narrowly missed her ear, and the side grazed her arm. She let out a cry as she tried to delve into cover but toppled forward instead.

        Suddenly, a blast sounded closer than the others as a bullet blasted through the thug's back. Even as he fell from his bike, causing it to skid out of control, a strong arm wrapped around Sydney's waist, snatching her around the side of a truck and holding her close. Her face pressed into her partner's muscular chest for a moment as he held her close to him. "You okay?" he asked even as the bullets continued to whiz around them though slowly beginning to decrease.

        Sydney nodded her head against his shoulder before looking up at him. Their eyes met, and in each other's eyes, they found the truth that they had both searched for for so long. "I'm fine," Syd breathed in response though her voice shook, "thanks to you."

        Gage raised his free hand to lovingly stroke her hair as he assured her in a hushed whisper, "I'll always catch you, Syd."

        Despite the pain in her arm and the danger all around them, Sydney could not help smiling as she told him softly, "I know." She began to lean up towards him, but more bullets split the air, forcing them to return to work.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.