Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
929
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,453

Thumpity

Summary:

Gage tries something new to catch Sydney under the mistletoe.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Thumpity
by Pirate Turner

 

        Gage's head was bent as he appeared to be concentrating on the papers on his desk, but his eyes silently watched every move Sydney made as she stood and walked away from her desk. His head rose slowly as he followed her every move, and he grinned as she vanished from his sight. He opened one of the larger drawers of his desk and quickly grabbed the bag in it.

        He opened the large paper bag and stared down at the contents. He knew he was going to make a fool of himself, but one kiss from his beautiful partner was worth anything. Solemnly, he reached into the bag and pulled out the top hat and pipe.

 

Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul
with a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal;

        Sydney's ears caught the familiar voice the very second she stepped out of the bathroom, and she froze in shock. Surely, that couldn't be Francis Gage singing a children's song, especially not "Frosty the Snowman"?

Frosty the snowman is a fairy tale they say;
he was made of snow but the children know how he came to life one day.

        As she drew closer to the main part of headquarters, Sydney's shock only grew. There was no mistaking his sexy voice. The singer was indeed Gage. As she turned a corner, she saw all the other Rangers staring in shock at something that she could not yet see. She swallowed hard, her brown eyes wide, as she followed the voice of her partner.

There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found,
for when they placed it on his head, he began to dance around.
O, Frosty the snowman was alive as he could be
and the children say he could laugh and play just the same as you and me.

        When she finally spotted Gage, Sydney's eyes sprang open to the size of small saucers for she could not believe the sight she was met with. Gage was moving back and forth in a steady marching dance in the entrance. He wore a faded tophat, and he sang from around the pipe his teeth clenched tightly. Her mouth fell open in shock as she moved slowly closer to him.

Frosty the snowman knew the sun was hot that day,
so he said "Let's run and we'll have some fun now before I melt away."
Down to the village with a broomstick in his hand,
running here and there all around the square saying, "Catch me if you can!"

        As he continued to sing and she continued to draw closer, Gage suddenly raced out from the entrance to run circles around her. Sydney turned slowly, her shocked eyes following him. "Gage?" she breathed his name softly even as uproarious laughter erupted from several of the Rangers. "Gage, what in the hell are you doing?!" Her brown eyes flashed in warning even as a light pink tinged her cheeks.

He led them down the streets of town right to the traffic cop,
and he only paused a moment when he heard him holler "Stop!"
For Frosty the snowman had to hurry on his way,
but he waved goodbye saying, "Don't you cry I'll be back again some day."

        Even as the laughter surrounding them grew even louder and the tops of Gage's ears began to turn red from embarrassment, he left Sydney's side to dance back to the entrance. By this time, the only thing on Sydney's mind was Gage and her partner's strange behavior. "Gage, what are you doing?!" she again demanded, fighting to keep the panic rising in her from showing in her voice. In response, Gage only continued to grin and march in place, his elbows swinging wildly.

Thumpity thump thump, Thumpity thump thump, Look at Frosty go,

        As he began the last lines of the song, Gage began to march repeatedly to Sydney and then back again to the entrance. Her heart pounded madly in her chest as her intense fear for her beloved partner's sanity became increasingly stronger. With each "thump", he would either go to her or back away from her and return to the entrance in a swiftly repeating session.

Thumpity thump thump thump, Thumpity thump thump,

        When he again approached her, Sydney grabbed his sweater with both hands. "Gage, what are you doing?!" she finally cried out as she shook him in sheer desperation. When he returned to the entrance, she refused to relinquish her grip and thus was pulled underneath the mistletoe that every one except Gage had forgotten about.

        In the twinkle of an eye, he wrapped his strong arms around his partner. Before she could protest, his face leaned down and his lips captured hers. The kiss began gently at first, and Sydney tried desperately to struggle against his grasp. However, despite her determined efforts, she could not keep her betraying lips from returning his kiss. As their passion grew, Sydney's efforts to resist and break free ceased. She leaned into his embrace, and her lips parted under his, allowing his tongue to sweep into her mouth as hers dived into his. Their bodies pressed tightly together as their kiss deepened even more.

        Several minutes passed before their lips parted, and when they did, their foreheads still pressed gently together. His shining eyes gazed adoringly down into her beautiful, brown eyes as he finished his song in a hushed whisper against her soft lips, "Over the hills of snow!"

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.