Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
441
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,337

He's Like Fire

Summary:

Danny's thinking again.

Work Text:

I don’t mean to toot my own trumpet, but I’ve been around the block a few times. My first was in the back seat of a stolen car with the bird who lived across the street. We were eighteen and I can’t even remember her name now. Her dad caught us and came after me with a shotgun. I think he overreacted but they were a high strung Irish family. That explains it.

The second time was me best mate. Andy his name was. He seemed to know exactly what to do unlike my poor Irish bird. I guess he figured that whatever made him feel good would make me feel good and he was right.

That was a long time ago and I’ve never been lonely since. I usually stick to birds but a few blokes have caught my fancy. Why not? We’re all human, ain’t we? What’s the big deal? A good looking person is a good looking person.

It was all in fun. It never meant anything beyond that and no one, not even Andy, was somebody that I couldn’t walk away from. I’ve never tried to hide that fact.

Then he had to come along and mess with my world. He got me addicted to him the first time we were together. Gentle and strong. A sure touch. He took his time exploring me, pushing me to the edge only to back off and make me suffer.

I admit that I used some language that would make my old Nan box my ears. He just laughed. His eyes crinkled at the corners and I was lost. I knew it.

That was last year and nothing’s changed. Every time he touches me, it’s like liquid fire in my veins. Sometimes, especially when he wears that black leather jacket, I can’t keep me hands off.

I’ve never had anything like this, what Stacie would call a relationship. I like it but it freaks me out. He’s like fire and I don’t want either of us burned.

Still, I’m a gambler and I’m more than willing to take the risk. I’ve found someone that I don’t think I’ll be able to walk away from. It’s an exhilarating, yet terrifying feeling that I’m still trying to get my head around.

I hear him and Stacie come in the room. She stops and grins. “Do you smell something burning?”

He sits on the couch next to me and taps my knee. “No, it’s just our Danny in deep thought.” He smirks. “I hope you’re not hurting yourself.”

I grin. “Stuff it, Ash.”

Mickey and Albert come in and the lights dim. Mickey turns on the projector. “Lady and gentlemen, our new mark is….”