Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
513
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,068

The Curse

Summary:

Jack and his crew come across another cursed crew.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Curse
by Pirate Turner

 

He stood, staring at the crew members of the ship they'd just taken. He'd never seen such a dainty Captain before nor the likes of his men. His dark eyes looked even bigger inside their rings of charcoal as he stared in disbelief at the motley crew.

It was then that he heard the sounds of a struggle and looked up to see Gibbs and Anamarie struggling to bring a blonde towards him. He quirked a brow, surprised that two of his best should be having trouble with the heavy-set female. As they reached him, Jack opened his mouth to question them, but it hung open with no sound coming out as he got a full look at the captive woman. His gold tooth gleamed in the sunlight as he gawked openly at the woman . . . if, indeed, she could even be called that.

Jack was still staring, dumb-founded, when she broke free of her captors and charged forward. "How dare you heathens come onto our ship and act so brutal! How dare you attack my Ker -- " The last of her words was lost on Jack as she slapped his face. He rose a hand to the stinging spot and could still only stare as the woman, which, actually, he was now quite certain was not a woman, hurried pass him in a flurry of petticoats and threw herself down to where her green Captain sat in chains.

Jack turned slowly, still rubbing his cheek. He stared at the crew members for one moment more, than called out a firm command, "Leave 'em."

"Leave 'em?"

"Captain, you can't be serious!"

"After all the work we've done -- "

"He's right."

Jack looked to Anamarie in surprise but gratitude, glad that at least one of his crew would side with him so that perhaps they could reason together with the rest. "They've been cursed." His voice was strong and firm, leaving little room for question. "Look at 'em," he waved a hand over the motley lot, "an' tell me which of ye'd like ta share in their curse?" His dark eyes narrowed on his men. "Do ye want to be a pig or a frog or a bear or whatever the Hell those two are?" He pointed out a purple creature with a nose nearly as long as he was and a hairy thing that even now fought wildly against its chains.

One by one, his crew caved, each nodding their agreement but lamenting the loss of their treasure. "We'll get bigger an' bolder than this from the next ship," Jack cried out, "an' not have to worry about such a curse! Come now! Let's go!" He grabbed a rope and swung back to the Pearl, his eyes meeting one last time with those of the pig woman. Why did every woman he met always have to slap him, and just what had happened to turn her into a pig and her beloved Captain into a frog? The thoughts haunted him as he returned to the safety of his ship.

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.