Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Way of Love
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
886
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,861

New Beginning

Summary:

Summary: Danny has to make a major decision.

Work Text:

New Beginning.
by Aiden

 

 

 

 

 

Danny woke up, stretching.

Smiling, Mac kissed him. "Morning."

Danny moaned into the kiss, "Morning," responding in a sleepy voice.

"How do you feel?" Mac asked him.

"Better, the pain is gone." Recovering from a major infection on both his stumps, Danny was still worried. It was the second time he'd gotten the same infection, which his doctor attributed Danny wearing his prosthetics. They had suggested fitting him with new sockets but they couldn't guarantee that the infection wouldn't return. It was all a little depressing for Danny.

"What are you going to do?" Mac stood and went to the bathroom, returning with fresh bandages and Danny's medication.

The young blond shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know." They had talked about it since Danny was released from the hospital but he still wasn't sure what to do. It was a major decision, if he would discard the prosthetics completely he had to get used to life in a wheelchair.

There was a knock on the door, "Pappy, daddy," their daughter entered the bedroom.

"Good morning princess," Danny smiled at her.

Mac lifted her up and sat her on the bed, "Good morning, pumpkin."

"Are you going to make pappy's boo-boo go away?" They had told her from the start what happened to Danny and she knew exactly what was wrong with him.

"You are so smart," Mac hugged her. "Yes, I'm going to make Pappy all better."

"Good," she said in a determined voice.

Danny laughed, "The being smart part she got from me."

Smirking, Mac threw back the covers, revealing Danny's gauze-covered stumps. The surgical scars from the latest operation where still fresh and needed to be cleaned. He took off the bandages covering the scars and cleaned the wounds.

Angie watched all of this with great interest, "Pappy still hurt?"

"No, Pappy is feeling better," Danny smiled at her, but winced when Mac touched the scar on his left stump.

"Sorry, babe," Mac apologised.

"It's okay," Danny reassured him.

Angie moved towards Danny and kissed his left stump very gently, "Is boo-boo better?"

Danny couldn't help but smile, he always did the same to her when she hurt herself, "Yeah, boo-boo is better now," he stated and hugged her.

Mac finished dressing the wounds, cleaned everything up, "What do you guys want for breakfast?" he asked, handing Danny his medication.

"Scrambled eggs please," Danny replied, swallowing the pills with some water and transferred from the bed into his chair.

"I want cereal," Angie said.

"Excuse me," Mac gave her a stern look but had a twinkle in his eyes.

"Can I have some cereal, please," Angie smiled at her daddy.

Danny laughed and headed for the bathroom, "Oh, yeah, she has you wrapped around her little finger," he stated before closing the door.

Mac smirked, taking his daughter in his arms, "Let's get you some breakfast okay."

When Danny came into the kitchen, he headed for the coffeepot. Pouring himself a mug, he placed it between his stumps and wheeled over to the table. "I guess I'll have to get used to life in a wheelchair." Mac turned around and saw the determined look in Danny's eyes, "I don't want to go through that again."

Mac nodded, "Me neither," remembering long nights in the hospital, not knowing if Danny would pull through. The heartaches every time he'd walked into Danny's hospital room, seeing him hooked up to all those machines just to keep him alive, breathing.

Danny looked down, "Can I still come work at the lab?"

Mac smiled, "Wouldn't have it any other way. You'd better ace that exam; it cost a lot of money to make the modifications in ballistics."

Looking up, Danny rewarded Mac with a bright smile, "You gonna tell them about us?"

Mac shook his head, "No, not yet. Don't want to risk IAB finding out about it before you start working at the lab."

"I understand." Danny nodded. "So, I'm kind of a war hero you happen to know, looking for a job?"

"Actually, Aiden recommended you."

The young blond smiled," She's a good friend."

"She is, and she would go through fire for you."

Danny nodded, "Yeah, I know, she's helped me a lot."

Mac nodded, she had always been there for both of them. Every time Danny had pushed him away and Mac had thought about giving up, Aiden had been there, holding him, letting him cry, telling that everything would be okay. "Mmhmm. She has, the both of us."

"Thank you," Danny whispered.

"For what?" Mac stood, walking up to him, crouching down until they were eye to eye..

"For not giving up on me. For kicking my ass when I wanted to quit, for loving me no matter what." Danny couldn't help the tears that started to fall down. "I love you."

Mac took him in his arms, "I love you, too. Always have and always will, never doubt that for a minute." Mac took Danny's mouth in a heated, searing kiss, feeling how Danny responded to him.

When they broke off, Danny smiled, "I know you do, and I'll never doubt your love for me ever again."

Mac felt someone pull on his sleeve, "Daddy, why are you crying?"

He took Angie in his arms, "Because I'm happy." He looked at Danny, love shining in his eyes, "And I have the best family anyone could wish for."

 

end part 1

Series this work belongs to: