Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
654
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,004

Passings

Summary:

George remembers and thinks bout her past.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Passings
by Hudine

 

My name's George Lass, and I've been dead for 80 years now. In my time as a Grim Reaper, I have seen many things come and go, good times and bad, but at this moment I can only think of the reapers that have come and gone before me.

First there was Betty. Betty was like my older sister, she was always showing me and teaching me about being a reaper. Most of all in the short time we knew each other, we became friends. Alas it was not to last, for Betty past on after I had only been a reaper a short while. I cried silently for weeks after.

Then there was Daisy. Daisy was well... a bitch, always bossed me around, criticised everything I done, was a scammer, and a thief. I lived with her for the better part of ten years... well in the case at the time worse. She used to be an actress and gave oral sex to just about any actor it seemed. Although sometimes she had her good moments, but not often. She went away ten years after we met, just rode off in that big limo to the light. Despite how much I hated Daisy I was sad after she was gone, the house just seemed so empty for a while.

A year after that was one of the hardest deaths I ever went through. Rube left us for that giant glowing waffle house in the sky. Rube was like a father to me, he looked after me from the start, even if I wasn't always the best adoptive daughter. In fact at the start all we ever did was piss each other off. I was very stubborn, always trying to beat the system, and well... just rebelled in general. We thought and argued, but at the end of the day he was always there for me when I needed him. I missed him so much, if it wasn't for Mason helping me through it all I would have never made it.

And there it is... Mason. If Rube was hard, Mason was the worst. Mason and I had been friends of sorts right from the beginning, took a liking to each other from then too. Things was never dull with Mason around, he done a pile of crazy shit; like the time he smuggled drugs up his ass and they burst, or him, Daisy and me tried to con someone out of $20,000. Most of all I was in love with him, and we where lovers for over fifty years. Fifty all to short years if you ask me. We knew every little thing about each other by then; our most sensitive spots, our favourite things, every little behavioural quirk. By the time we had been together ten years, people swore we where reading each other's minds. Most people wouldn't really think it of Mason but he was also a very kind, attentive and caring lover. He kissed me, just before he crossed over, and said he will be waiting for me at the other side. I have basically been waiting for him ever since, wanting the day when we can be in each other's arms again so badly, I barely held onto life anymore.

Roxy left five years ago, I never did know if she liked me, but she had become a good companion over the years.

Now is the time for me though. I have collected my last soul. As I look into the light I see them all there standing together, beckoning me to come to them. As I see Mason, just the way I remember him, I run for him I, my last thought is; 'I hope this has been real all these years and not some trick.'

 

-End
E-Mail: hudine @ clan-tws.co.uk (take spaces out, this is only a measure to protect from spam.)

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Hudine.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.