Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,251
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,378

Happy Halloween Billy

Summary:

Halloween crack

Work Text:

Billy covered his mouth to hide a yawn. He trudged along behind Stacie and Albert. He’d been home alone all day watching horror films, anything with Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, or Christopher Lee that he could find. He idly wondered where the others were. They were disappearing a lot lately but Albert swore there was no new mark.

He’d fallen asleep on the couch after a few beers in the middle of Mark of the Vampire. He was in the middle of a dream where he was Dr. Van Helsing when he woke with a start to Stacie shaking his shoulder. She didn’t give him a chance to ask any questions and hauled him out the door.

“It’s two in the morning,” he complained. “Where are we going?”

Stacie and Albert slowed to walk on either side of him. She slipped an arm through his and dug her nails in. “Eddie’s.”

Billy started and looked at her. She was looking straight ahead, baring her teeth in an odd smile. The pressure eased and he shrugged. “Eddie’s? This late?”

“Eddie likes Halloween,” Albert answered. “He’s a horror film junkie like you.”

Billy snickered. He glanced at Albert, who wasn’t looking at him either. He wasn’t sure if it was a trick of the light but Albert seemed paler than usual. “There’s nothing wrong with that.”

“He’s also prefers the classics to stuff like Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th.”

“Can’t go wrong the old Universal films or the first Hammer ones. They can be scary without having to be gross about it.”

“He never tires of Albie’s stories about some of the things people do in America to celebrate and scare each other witless,” Stacie added.

The bar was only lit by candlelight, throwing eerie shadows around. There were no cheesy decorations like fake cobwebs and spiders, but the atmosphere was gloomy and disturbingly silent. Billy looked around and grinned. “Nice.”

Stacie pushed him in the direction of the bar. “Get the drinks, Billy.”

“Okay.” Billy walked over there while Stacie and Albert joined Ash and Danny at the booth in the corner. He perched on one of the bar stools and looked over his shoulder. He could barely seem them in the dim light of two candles on the table. He laughed quietly and faced the bar.

Billy was at the end of the bar and there was one candle there. He peered behind the bar but couldn’t see far. “Eddie?” There was no answer. “Guys, where’s Eddie?” The others didn’t answer.

Suddenly, the silence was oppressive and it was cold. The back of Billy’s neck prickled. “Come on guys. Don’t ignore me. You can’t scare me, ya know?”

Eddie suddenly stepped out of the shadows. “Billy.”

Billy started but covered it up. He grinned widely. “Nice try. I do like the way you’ve decorated though.”

Eddie leaned forward. He just started at Billy for a long moment. He tilted his head to the side. “Thanks. The usual?”

Billy peered at Eddie. The candlelight cast Eddie’s face in a sinister light; harsh lines, wide eyes, and bared teeth. Were those fangs? He unconsciously swallowed. “Yeah, thanks.”

Eddie filled one lager. The other four glasses held red liquid. He put the drinks on a tray. “Here.”

Eddie blinked and Billy could’ve sworn that his eyes were red. Billy shook his head and picked up the tray. “Thanks, mate,” he said with forced cheerfulness.

Billy made his way over to the table and set the tray down. None of the others spared him a glance. He pulled a chair up and straddled it. “Ha. Ha. Trying to scare the new kid. You’ll have to do better than this. I’ve been watching horror since I was a kid.” He sipped his lager and gestured to the four untouched glasses. “And if you expect me to believe that’s blood…”

Billy set the glass down. He drummed his fingers on the chair’s back. He peered at the others. Ash and Danny were staring at each other as if ready to devour the other. Albert and Stacie were playing cards. Neither event was new but there was an otherworldly air to all of them that set Billy on edge.

“What does it smell like?” Ash asked suddenly, not taking his gaze from Danny.

Billy bit his lip and held one of the glasses under his nose. He quickly set it as far away from him as he could reach. “Um…yeah.” His breathing shallowed as his eyes roamed over them. He saw they each had bite marks on their necks.

They all faced Billy. Ash grinned, showing off fangs that gleamed in the eerie light. “Haven’t you wondered why you haven’t seen us except at night for the past month?”

Billy hugged the back of the chair. He licked his dry lips. “No. No. You lot are putting me on.”

Danny scooted closer to Ash, almost sitting in his lap. He leaned in and nuzzled Ash’s neck. He avidly inhaled Ash’s scent. “Love the way you smell,” he murmured. “The way you taste.”

Billy had seen them flirt before. He’d seen the glint in Danny’s eyes before he dragged Ash off to the next empty room. But this was different. This was more primal and animalistic. He was sure Danny’s eyes were red.

Ash put his head back. He shut his eyes. He tilted his head to the side and growled low in his throat.

Danny’s mouth followed. Billy saw him scrap his fangs down the side of Ash’s neck and Ash’s answering shudder. One of Danny’s hands was in Ash’s lap.

Danny never turned his attention from Ash. “Which one of you is gonna initiate our Billy?” he asked absently. “We’ll be busy.”

Billy shot up straight. “Initiate Billy?” he squeaked.

Stacie put an arm around Albert’s shoulders. She rested her chin on his shoulder. “You can do it, Albie,” she purred. “You’ll be gentle.”

Billy shivered at the feral smile Albert gave him. He jumped up. He backed up and held his hands up. “No, that’s all right,” he stuttered.

A hand clamped down on his shoulder. “Or I’ll do it,” Eddie suggested, hot breath against Billy’s ear.

Billy yelped and ran out at full speed.

The rest stared at the empty spot where Billy had been. Stacie burst out laughing. “Oh my God. I never thought that would work.”

Eddie was laughing so hard he wiped the tears from his eyes. “Don’t be surprised if he tries to drive a stake through your heart.”

“Oh, we’ll let him stew tonight and then let him see us in the morning. If we don’t burst into flame, that should convince him it was all a joke.”

Albert spit his false fangs into a napkin. He snickered. “The pig’s blood was the kicker. Genius, Ash.”

Ash didn’t answer as Danny was earnestly kiss the side of his neck. He brought a hand up to run his fingers through Danny’s hair. “Danny,” he groaned out, long and low.

Stacie and Albert smiled at each other ruefully and slid out the booth. Eddie threw his keys on the table. “Oi,” he snapped. “Lock up after you’re done and don’t forget to clean up.”

Danny’s only response was to wave them away impatiently.

Eddie sighed and shook his head. He went behind the bar to dispose of the blood and rinse the glasses. He grabbed his jacket. “Come on Albert. Stacie. You can sleep at my place tonight.”