Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
521
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,442

The Demon Inside

Summary:

There's more to Danny than meets the eye.

Work Text:

Ash frowned at what was left of Benny and his goons. He put his hands on his hips and blew out a long breath. “Danny,” he growled in exasperation.

There was an answering loud defensive snort.

Ash felt a hot gust of wind across his back. “I don’t want to hear it, Danny. It wasn’t time for that yet and you know it.” He walked over to where Stacie had been knocked down. “Yes, I saw the gun, but he wasn’t going to fire yet. He was still bragging about all he was gonna do to us.”

There was another angry snort.

Ash softened his voice but didn’t turn from Stacie. “I know,” he said over his shoulder. “I just don’t want them to find us.” He offered her a hand. “You all right, Stacie?”

Stacie just stared at Ash, openmouthed. Her eyes darted over Ash’s left shoulder. “Ash,” she squeaked.

Ash knelt next to her. “Benny didn’t hurt you, did he?”

Stacie swallowed nervously and shook her head. “No, I’m fine.”

Ash gently took her arm and helped her stand. “We’d best be getting out of here.”

“But.” Stacie planted her feet. “Ash!”

“What?” he asked, completely unfazed. “Mickey and Albert should be here to pick us up.”

Stacie squeezed Ash’s arm and nodded to the large multi-metallic colored creature. “Is that what I think it is?”

Ash didn’t answer right away. One end of his mouth quirked up. “That’s Danny.”

“And Danny’s a….” Stacie’s voice trailed off and her face drained of color.

“Dragon. Yeah.” Ash shot Danny a look of mixed disapproval and amusement. “Isn’t it about time you turned back into human form? I can’t take you out like that. I forgot your leash.”

In an instant the dragon disappeared and Danny was grinning at them. “Screw you, Ash.”

“Later, Danny.”

Stacie walked up to Danny and squeezed his shoulder. “How?”

Ash opened the warehouse door to see Mickey and Albert pulling up in a black hatchback. “We’ll explain later. We have to go.”

Stacie gestured to the remains scattered about. “What about this mess?”

Danny smirked. “Don’t worry. We’ll give ol’ Benny a Viking funeral.”

Mickey hopped out of the driver’s seat and went to the back of the trunk. “I got your text, Ash.” He took out a can of petrol. “Danny--”

“No,” Danny interrupted. He led Stacie to the car. “I was only doing what comes naturally to me.” He glared at Mickey and his eyes flashed gold. “Protecting my human.”

Albert didn’t get out of the front passenger seat but rolled down his window. “And every time you change, you risk giving yourself away to the hunters,” he pointed out reasonably.

“You lot talk like I change on a whim,” Danny growled.

Ash stood behind Danny and rested a hand on his lower back. “No one’s saying that.” He looked pointedly at Albert and then Mickey. “It’s done. Let’s just light this place up and get out of here.”

Stacie let Danny guide her into the back seat but held the door open. “Will someone please tell me what’s going on?”

Danny set his glowing eyes on here. “We’ll explain when we get home. I promise. For now, let’s just say that I’ve got a demon inside of me.”