Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
331
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,226

Their Love

Summary:

Summary: A missing scene from the movie where Mater laments not getting to say good-bye.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Their Love
by Pirate Turner

 

        He sat alone in the field, long tears trailing down his even longer face and making his bumper slowly rust even more than it already had. Not even the tractors were fun any more. Nothing was fun without his best friend whom he had come to love as so much more. His tears fell onto the grass, and his bumper shook until he could take no more and began to bawl openly. He wept a proverbial river, his sobs raising in pitch until they became a caterwauling wail.

        Steam suddenly blew across his hood, and Mater looked up to find the combine from Hell towering above him. He'd been so lost to his own misery that he'd failed to realize the danger he was in until now, when it was already too late, but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered without the coolest car he'd ever had the honor of knowing, Lightning McQueen, who hadn't even cared enough about him to tell him good-bye. "G-Go a-ahead," he blubbered. "E-Eat m-me."

        The night was suddenly pierced by the loudest honking and sirens Mater had ever heard. He looked up to see Doc speeding to him. "RUN FOR IT, BOY!"

        He sniffled loudly, then shook from side to side. "Naw. Get outta here, Doc. I'm ready -- "

        Knowing they had no time to lose, Doc yelled, "NO! YOU'RE NOT! WE'RE GOING AFTER HIM!"

        The first sign of hope shone in Mater's windshield. "We -- We are?"

        "We are, and this time, we ain't letting him get away!"

        "YAHOOOOOOO!!!!" Mater shouted at the top of his volume and sped away backwards just in the nick of time. The chase was the closest he'd ever experienced, but he and Doc made it out of the pasture alive. They won by sheer determination, spurred on by the fact that their shared love awaited them and nothing was going to keep them from the sports car they both felt was their soul mate!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.