Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
358
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
910

The Unexpected

Summary:

Summary: She should know by now to expect the unexpected with the Governor and the Captain, but still their behavior manages to shock Emilia.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Unexpected
by Pirate Turner

 

        She walked down the long hallway in a hurrying bustle of skirts, her thoughts whirling over how she was going to approach the Governor on the latest tragedy to hit Polau Polau. She had to be extremely delicate with this issue and must word her thoughts perfectly to persuade him that they could not sit still while this atrocity went on, regardless of the commands that his brother had issued.

        She turned the corner just in time to hear a great raking sob that echoed through the halls. She froze immediately and peered cautiously into the library. Her eyebrows rose as she watched the Captain consoling the Governor, his hands stroking him in a most improper manner as he cooed soft words of reassurance to him. She didn't know what had happened, but her heart immediately felt for the poor Governor, who really wasn't that bad once one became acquainted with him.

        She edged closer in on silent feet as the Governor clung to the Captain as though he were his only means of support in the whole world. His tears were already soaking the Captain's shirt, and he turned his head and blew his nose rather indignantly upon the unfortunate man's sleeve. Still, the Captain held him tight.

        Emilia edged closer in and was just beginning to clear her throat to delicately announce her presence and offer her services when another huge gasp of teary sobs again raked the Governor, whose clutching hands and demanding strength nearly caused the Captain's knees to buckle. This time, she was able to make out the words that accompanied the sobs, and as she did, Emilia's mouth dropped wide open.

        "Poor Mister Nipples!"

        The startled blonde's mouth continued to hang open, her proper British manners completely forgotten in her shock. Her soft, white face turned a dozen different hues of red as she turned and ran as swiftly as she could quietly away from first the library and then the Governor's mansion. Napoleon's horrid new law would just have to wait for another day when the Governor and the Captain were not so preoccupied!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.