Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of Games
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
632
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,652

Not Speaking

Summary:

Summary: Owen upsets Ianto who stops talking to him; Jack withholds spankings until Owen sorts it out.

Work Text:



Not Speaking
by Lilithangel

 

Whatever happened there were always words between them.  Often harsh and cutting, occasionally even caring, but they never stopped the words.  So when Ianto froze up and turned away Owen knew he might have gone a bit too far.  He wasn’t going to back down, no matter how hollow his chest felt at the devastation on Ianto’s face.  Their… whatever you wanted to call it… relationship
wasn’t about backing down.  He wasn’t sure what it was about but he was damn sure it wasn’t about apologising.

He told himself it wasn’t about apologising for speaking the truth when Ianto brought his coffee
over without a single bantering word.  He reiterated it to himself on the second day when his donut didn’t have sprinkles.  When he saw Jack’s had sprinkles he knew it was serious.

Jack grinned at him over the rapidly disappearing donut.  Owen knew full well how much Jack could
fit into his mouth so the spilling of the sprinkles had to be deliberate.  Jack’s tongue swept up the errant sprinkles when he knew Owen was watching.  He had also waited until Ianto had taken pastries to the girls so Owen took advantage of the moment to grab a share of the sprinkles while Jack’s mouth was full.

When Ianto found them they were wrestling over the last bite of the donut on the Boardroom table.  Jack might have been bigger but Owen was determined and wriggly, which managed to distract Jack enough for Owen to pop the donutty goodness into his mouth.  Jack was just attempting to retrieve it with his tongue when Ianto’s annoyed growl broke the moment.

They scrambled to their feet as Ianto pulled out his travelling Spray and Wipe bottle.  He was known to polish anything in his way when annoyed and not in a good way.  They both hovered as Ianto cleaned, but he ignored both of them intently and left them with crumbs on their face.

“Fucker thinks he can guilt me into apologising,” Owen growled, “just by withholding conversation.”

“You’re still getting sex?” Jack asked.

“Of course,” Owen said, “It’s just freaky as hell when he doesn’t even talk dirty, let alone growl.”

“Is the apology really that important?” Jack said.  “He does dirty talk so well.”

“It’s that Welsh accent,” Owen said glumly, “everything sounds dirty.”

“Is this going to ruin Saturday night?  Because if it does I swear I’m not spanking you.”

“Come on Jack, it’s a matter of honour.”

“Is it worth missing his voice and my hand?” Jack said sternly.

“I was only telling the truth.”

“Your truth, maybe not his though?”

“Alright, I’ll do it, bloody Welsh tosser…”

“Off you go then.”

“Ianto, I’m sorry for saying the Gavin and Stacey was a crap show, it is only my opinion and it’s not your fault you have crap taste.”

“That is the worst apology ever, Owen, and what does it say about you?”

“That your taste can improve and one day you will like American Gladiator?”

“Not good enough.  I want a proper apology, without conditions and with proper contrition.”

“You’re going to make me beg aren’t you?”

“As pretty as you are on your knees, that would be too much fun for you.  Is Jack withholding spanking rights?”

“Yes he is.”

“Then you better think of something then.”

“Jack, has Owen been possessed?”

“No Gwen, why?”

“He’s cleaning under his desk.  Is it a body swap then?”

“Nope.”

“You’re not going to tell me are you?”

“Nope.”

“Then I’ll ask Ianto, he’ll know.”

“He just left.  Gwen, it’s Saturday evening, go home to your husband.  Everything will be back to normal on Monday.”

“Oh god… it’s one of those things I don’t want to know about isn’t it?”

“Give the girl a Kewpie doll.”

“Oh god it is…”

“I’ll see you on Monday Gwen.”

“And you’ll all look smug and well pleased with yourselves while Tosh and I have to pretend we can’t see the love bites.”

“Have a good weekend Gwen.  I know I will.”

 

END

Series this work belongs to: