Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
296
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,323

Ficlet: Cartouche

Summary:

answer to challenge to use word cartouche -- Ash/Danny fluff

Work Text:

Danny was bored. No mark for almost a month. He paced the living room of their large hotel suite. He waved his arms and popped his gum.

“Albert will find someone soon,” Ash said from his place on the couch, nose buried in his laptop.

“I know. I know,” Danny grumbled. “I still don’t see why Stacie wouldn’t let me go to the theatre with her.”

Ash smiled. “I think our Stacie has a date.”

“What makes you say that?”

“She was dressed to kill.”

Danny stopped his pacing and flopped down beside Ash. He pressed their shoulders together. “Isn’t she always?”

Ash ignored Danny’s heat. He kept his eyes focused on the screen. “She’s wearing her hair up and her most expensive perfume.”

Danny peered at the screen while he planted his hand on Ash’s knee. “Okay. I’ll buy the date thing.” His fingers inched along Ash’s thigh. “Mickey could’ve let me go to the casino with him.”

Ash still didn’t face Danny. He bit his lip. “You’re barred for drunken and obnoxious behavior, remember?”

“In my defense, it was all part of the con.” Danny rested his chin on Ash’s shoulder. “What are you looking at?”

“Doing a little bit of research. That’s my name in a cartouche.”

Danny turned his face to nuzzle the side of Ash’s neck. “That’s what…Egyptian, right?”

Ash tilted his head to the side to give Danny more room. “That’s how the pharaohs wrote their names.”

Danny flicked his tongue out. “How do you know these things?”

Ash’s throat was suddenly dry. “I told you,” he rasped. “I know everything.”

Danny laughed softly and nipped Ash’s ear. “Do you know what I want now?”

Ash closed the laptop and faced Danny. He met Danny’s smirk with one of his own. He leaned in and lightly trailed his lips along Danny’s jaw. “Yeah, I got an idea.”