Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
379
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,148

Too Bad

Summary:

Series: Deleted Scenes 2003-04 season. Inspired by the ep "Ill-Conceived"
Disclaimer: These guys don't belong to me. I'm not making any money off them.
any feedback is appreciated

Work Text:

Too Bad
by Python

 

Jack trotted down the courthouse steps after Miguel Comacho's allocution. Manslaughter in the First Degree wasn't originally what he wanted, but it was still good. He had pity for Comacho's circumstances but Comacho still killed a man.

"Jack!"

Jack didn't stop moving but glanced over his shoulder at Vanessa. "Vanessa."

Vanessa hurried to walk with Jack. "Well, it's over."

Jack nodded. "Yes, it is."

Vanessa elbowed Jack. "It was fun to face you in a courtroom again."

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Because you love to see me stew in my own juices."

Vanessa laughed. "That's right."

Jack wasn't about to admit that facing off against Vanessa was fun. Pitting up against her was always a test. "You always provide me with a challenge, Vanessa." He caught sight of Lennie on the corner and waved. Lennie nodded to him and he couldn't help the warm smile that crossed his face.

Vanessa took Jack's arm and stopped. She waited until he met her eyes. She leaned in and pecked him on the cheek. "It's just too bad that you're not straight, Jack," she whispered, smirked at him, and walked away.

Jack stared at Vanessa's back for a moment, chuckled and shook his head. He went down the rest of the steps where Lennie met him. He grinned widely. "Hey."

Lennie nodded towards Vanessa getting into a cab. "What was that all about?"

"She said that it's just too bad that I'm not straight."

Lennie cocked his head to the side. "She is a beautiful woman, Jack."

"That's true," Jack agreed easily. He touched Lennie's arm. "But I'm not interested."

Lennie smiled. "For which, I am heartily grateful."

Jack stepped closer and said in low tones, "I love you too, Lennie."

Lennie felt his face flush. He cleared his throat and looked around at the people passing by them. "Thanks, Jack."

Jack laughed. He loved seeing Lennie embarrassed. It was so damn cute. "You're welcome."

Lennie jammed his hands into his pockets. "Want to grab some lunch?"

Jack was willing to quit teasing and let Lennie off the hook, this time. He nudged his lover playfully. "Okay."

 

The End