Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
209
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
987

Like Father Like Infant

Summary:

Summary: A look into Rafiki's past reveals why he loves hitting others with his trademark stick in this 200-word drabble

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Like Father, Like Infant
by Pirate Turner

 

        "Squash banana! Squish banana! Squashed banana!"

        The small primate watched as the older monkey bounced up and down on the tallest branch of the tree, waving his odd stick in the air. He cocked his head to one side as he studied him. He remembered the one time he had reached for the fruits that dangled from the stick and the sharp discipline he had received for doing so. He had been warned never to touch his father's most important tool, but this was the first time he had seen him dancing in the manner he now was.

        The infant began to copy his father's maneuvers but waited until he quieted to call up to him. "Dad, whatcha doin'?"

        The old monkey swung around on the branch and quickly rapped the end of his stick against his child's head. Waving a finger in the air, he demanded, "Never interrupt your father during a spell!"

        As his father turned around, baby Rafiki sat, rubbing his head while tears welled in his eyes. His bottom lip jutted out, but he was careful to keep his crying quiet. Some day, he swore, some day he was going to hit somebody with that stick!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.