Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
380
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,212

One Forty in the Morning

Summary:

Series: Deleted Scenes 2003-04 season. Inspired by the ep "Embedded"
Disclaimer: These guys don't belong to me. I'm not making any money off them.
any feedback is appreciated
Note: The ep was really interesting tonight. I might do another serious fic based on it, but for the Deleted Scene, I felt like doing a little piece of fluff.

Work Text:

One Forty in the Morning
by Python

 

Lennie slept on his stomach, his head buried in the pillow. He had one arm around Jack's waist next to him and the other dangled over the side of the bed. His knuckles brushed against the carpet but he didn't notice.

Lennie was a deep sleeper and it took a few minutes for the loud ringing to register in his brain. His internal clock told him that it was still too early to be the alarm clock. He didn't move, praying that it was nothing. Jack shifted next to him.

Jack's voice was a husky whisper. "Lennie."

Lennie grunted. "What?"

"It's your cell."

Lennie still didn't open an eye. "It is?"

Jack nudged Lennie. "Yeah. Pick it up, would ya?"

Lennie lifted his arm and blindly reached onto the stand next to his side of the bed. He felt for the phone, still not moving his head. He grabbed it and brought it to his ear. "Briscoe."

Ed's voice sounded too awake for that god-awful hour. "Lennie."

Lennie swallowed. Work. He hated work. He hated work in the middle of the night. "Ed."

"We've got a shooting."

Lennie rolled onto his side to face Jack. He blinked. "Where?"

"The Lotus Club."

Lennie growled. "All right. I'll be there as soon as I can." He hung up and buried his head back in the pillow. "Damn."

Jack rubbed Lennie's back. "I'm sorry."

Lennie forced himself to sit up. He rubbed his face and glanced at the clock. "One forty in the morning. One forty in the morning. When we catch this guy, I'm beating the hell out of him."

Jack sleepily placed a light kiss on Lennie's cheek. "Okay."

Lennie looked at Jack. Jack's hair was messy and his eyelids were heavy. Lennie briefly rested his forehead against Jack's. "Go back to sleep."

Jack brought his hand up to the side of Lennie's head. "I love you. Be careful."

"I will."

Jack laid back and wrapped himself in the sheet. Within seconds, he was asleep again. Lennie smiled down at him wearily before forcing himself out of bed to deal with this latest case.

 

The End