Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
348
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,142

Advice

Summary:

Series: Deleted Scenes 2003-04 season. Inspired by the ep "Blaze"
Disclaimer: These guys don't belong to me. I'm not making any money off them.
any feedback is appreciated

Work Text:

Advice
by Python

Jack finished stripping down to his boxers and t-shirt and crawled into bed. "And you know what else?"

Lennie sat, with his back propped up against the headboard. He aimed the TV remote at their small bedroom set and turned it off. "What?" he asked, putting the remote to the side and settling down under the sheets.

Jack snuggled in next to Lennie. "There will be cameras in the courtroom."

Lennie put an arm around Jack. "Really?"

Jack laid his head on Lennie's shoulder and traced patterns in Lennie's chest hair. "Yup. Teller made her pitch and the judge agreed," he said sourly.

Lennie chuckled. "What's wrong? Camera shy?"

"This trial is already going to be a circus. Why make it worse?"

Lennie gave Jack a squeeze. "I know that you can convict him, Jack. That's all that matters."

Jack sighed. "I know, but I just don't think that cameras belong in a courtroom."

"It'll be okay," Lennie said with complete assurance. He laughed. "Who knows? Maybe you'll become a celebrity."

Jack snorted. "God forbid."

"But we'll have to get you a new suit."

"Why does everyone say that?" Jack asked in exasperation.

"Because you haven't bought new clothes in years."

"Neither have you," Jack retorted.

Lennie grinned. "I'm not going to be the one on TV."

"I refuse to buy a new suit for something that I don't agree with."

Lennie rubbed Jack's back. "Relax, Jack. There's no reason to stress about this. The cameras are going to be in court and there's nothing you can do about it. Try to enjoy it."

"That was Arthur's advice, too."

"And you should follow it."

Jack yawned. "I'll try."

Lennie reached over to the lamp on the stand near the bed and switched it off. Then he ran a hand through Jack's hair and heard his lover sigh in contentment. "Good night, Jack."

Jack shut his eyes, completely comfortable in Lennie's arms. "Night, Lennie."

 

The End