Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,060
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
860

The Ying And The Yang Of Another Day

Summary:

The Ying And The Yang Of Another Day

Work Text:


The Ying And The Yang Of Another Day
by Jim Nasium

Silently she waited, and she grew tired of the wait fast... As she waited for them, the telephone men, she wondered to her self why she couldn't get a time from them, why couldn't they say, "ok then Lady, well be there at 10:00am "...

While she waited she wondered who did they think they were that they could tell her that they would be there "sometime between 8 and 12", and not have to pin point the time, like every one else in the world has to do.... She wasn't happy about having to give up the whole morning, just waiting for them to come to her home to connect her second

telephone line, but if she wanted a new second line, and she did, then she had no choice...

Little did she know that as she sat there waiting for them, her friend from the e mail list was in big trouble in another part of the world...

The 4 inch hunting knife that he took to work with him was a birthday gift from a friend, and he only brought it to work because he wanted to show it off to his co workers. He didn't like to hunt but never the less he really liked the small gift, and wanted to show his friends at work who did hunt.

He had no idea that just a month before he started working there that an x employee had a knife one day too, and went crazy with it, and that the x employee had used his knife to hold the Pres. of the company and his secretary hostage, demanding a raise. Of course he never did get the raise that he wanted and needed so badly, and the only thing he did  end up getting was fired, but only after one'a the SWAT Team members planted a bullet deep in his brain, right between his eyes.

The local swat team members were all very good shots..

None of his coworkers talked about that day much anymore, after all a man was killed right there in the Pres. old office, that since has been converted to the workers lunch room, and none of his co workers had ever told him anything about that day at all, even when one day he had commented on the new lunch room, "why do we have such a new lunch room in such an old factory", he asked..

He had no idea that bringing his small hunting knife, his birthday gift to work with him could cause so much trouble. He had no real use for the knife, in fact he didn't even hunt... but it was a gift, and he really liked it a lot, and so...

He walked in to work this morning, just like any other morning, and went straight over to the time clock. He punch his time card in, and then he decided to show a few of his co workers that were hanging around the time clock his new knife. When the security guard saw that he had a open knife, and that he was holding it out towards some of the other workers, the security guard snapped into action and ran towards him, tackling him and knocking him to the ground, and then by spraying him with mace, and pepper gas the guard was able to control him enough to beat him about the head with his night stick....

None of the other co workers watching this had any idea why the security guard attacked him or exactly just what was going on and even though no one that saw this happen understood why it was happening, they thought it looked like a lotta fun, and so they all decided to help the security guard and beat up on him too, and so they all joined in with the security guard and started beating and kicking him....

Meanwhile she still waited, silently, alone, just looking out her window and wishing for the telephone men's truck to pull up her driveway... "where are they" she'd say to herself over and over... "I can't wait to be on line and in a chat room some where, and then talk at the same time on my other phone" she thought to herself...

Manwhile...

The local Police were called to the factory where he had taken his knife to show to his co workers, that we all now beating him with the crazed security guard . The crowd had grown and workers from the factory across the street were now there too, all of them trying to kick and or beat him just because it looked like a lott'a fun...

The National Guard was called in and they hadd'a seal off the perimeter while the SWAT team members all found their positions...

He was huddled in a ball, screaming out to them to stop, "Stop" he screamed "You're killing me" He lay there, helpless, just holding on to his gift, the 4" hunting knife, while way too many of his now angry coworkers continued to beat and kick him, for no reason what so ever [expect for the fact that he had the knife with him, and tried to show it to a few of his coworkers] He was now bleeding badly and was wondering why in God's name did he ever bring that hunting knife to work with him, when she heard the doorbell....

"Hello, we are here from the telephone company, and were to install a new phone line for you" ... She was very happy now...

Meanwhile...

The ambulance drivers were finally able to collect his dead body, and place it on a stretcher, wheeling it into the ambulance while the police, and the National Guard broke up the crowd and sent them on their way back to work. No one was able to explain exactly what started this, but everyone agreed that they all had a lott'a fun...

The moral of the story ?

One will always suffer when another is happy This means that all is well with the world!

Today one person was happy another was sad because he got beat and died, but the perfect balance of life is still ok, the Ying and the yang of it all is still in place....

 

Jim Nasium
* La Galeria de GymArt *
http://www.voicenet.com/~gymart