Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
488
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,352

Untitled Superman ficcie

Summary:

Supes thoughts while the JLA is trying to decide whether or not to keep Batman in the League. Based on Tower of Babel. Heehee, I seriously think that story is slashy.
Pairing: none yet. *shrug* What can I say Supes is still fairly clueless about how Bats feels about him.
Disclaimer: Neither Superman nor Batman belong to me *sad sigh* they belong to DC
Warning: Angst
Rating: PG-13 for very mild cursing.
Archive: Anyone can post it. *digs toe into soil shyly* That is if you really want it.
Author's Notes: Again unBetad. Sorry, really. I mean it. I just can't stop.

Work Text:

Untitled Superman ficcie
by J.D.

 

Why?

Why Bruce?

I trusted you to kill me if I ever grew power hungry, if ever all the power I held corrupted me. I trusted you to take that piece of green kryptonite that had been Luthor's ring and use it to destroy me.

To stop me cleanly and quickly.

Why did you create that piece of twisted kryptonite? If you really that there would be a time when the JLA would have to be taken out, why? Why did you make *that* kryptonite? I gave you the means to my destruction with my own hands.

Why create something to hurt me?

That kryptonite tortures me Bruce, but it doesn't kill me.

Why Bruce? Why if you really think I'd become such a menace, why would you make something that only cripples me with pain? Why not something to reduce my powers, something that would take away my strengths?

What would you have done if I had really ever turned evil?

Would you have made me scream? Made me beg for you to stop?

Damn it Bruce!

Why wouldn't you have killed me?

Does some part of you need to hurt me before you killed me? Would you have held me imprisoned somewhere under that hellish glow until I went mad?

Would it have served some twisted sense of justice to hurt me like *that*?

Oh Bruce... what did I ever do to make you so determined to have some means of making me scream in pain.

.....
Why didn't you ever tell me, at least?

I wouldn't have stopped you.

Unlike with our other teammates you've shared yourself with me. I know about your parents, and how their murders drove you to become Batman. I know about the gun shots that ring in you ears and how the sound of a falling strand of pearls haunts your waking thoughts. How you bring the red roses to their graves every year without fail. How every action is a dedication to their memories.

I know about the nightmares that awaken you with hushed screams in you throat. I know, because you've told me. You are my best friend Bruce. I've told you all my dreams and fears. I thought I was your best friend too.

Oh God Bruce. I still trust you, but you scare me now. I flinch at red glows. Cold terror fills my stomach at the thought that you could hurt me like that. That you could make me scream my pain and terror and I wouldn't be able to stop you.

And I don't know what to do.

If only you would talk to me.

Talk to me Bruce and please, please tell me why.

 

-end-

 

author's notes: There is a sequel to this fic titled Batman POV #2 but it may take a while longer to post because it isn't finished but I'll get on it don't worry.