Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
434
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,352

Batman POV #1

Summary:

What Batman is thinking as he tried to warn his teammate of the danger he caused them. Based on Tower of Babel.
Warning: Not Beatd. sorry.
Disclaimer: Not mine. Batman is all DC's.*goes to sob in a corne*
Archive: If you want it go ahead. Just tell me which archive.
Classification: angst
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' BatmanAndSuperman mailing list. Please join us at Batman_And_Superman

Work Text:

Batman POV #1
by j.d.

No. No please. Don't hurt Him. Not him.

He is the best of us, who call ourselves heroes. The purest, the noblest, the one least likely to hurt another. He sets the standard for goodness, for heroism. He is better than me, and he trusts me.

Please don't hurt him. He trusts me like no one else does. He is my friend. My best friend. He cares for me. For me as Bruce Wayne or as Batman. He cares.

He even trusts me with the power to kill him if he ever turns evil. He fears his loss of control. He fears turning to darkness. But he doesn't fear me. I terrorize in darkness and make it my role but he doesn't fear me. All others do. Even Diana, Jonn and Arthur fear me somewhat. They fear me or don't understand me. But he doesn't fear, he understands. He who lost a whole world. Who is the last of his kind. He understands the loneliness of being alone. And he doesn't let me. He became my friend. He faced all my remoteness, my silences and battered down to walls to my heart.

Superman, Clark, he trusts me with all that he is, with is family, his life. He trusts me protect the Earth by his side.
Please Talia don't use it. Don't hurt him.

I need him. I need him to trust me.

He is so good, he is of light and love. I can't lose him, his trust, his love. It reminds me of all I fight to protect. He makes me feel worthy, feel cares for, feel human.

Please Talia don't make a tragedy to equal the deaths of my parents.

Don't kill his innocence.

He loves and trust so unconditionally. Without asking for anything in return. It terrifies me. He can be so easily hurt. His heart is so open.

Don't kill his trust in me.

Don't kill the light in his eyes that shines when he smiles at me.

Please Talia.

I love him.

I can't lose him.

He is too precious. Too important. I can't lose him. He is the best thing in this world. He is irreplaceable.

When he died. I was shattered. I was ready to kill. To kill in cold blood. To kill one mousy suicide bomber for *daring* to interrupt his funeral. I cried when I lost him that first time. I CRIED!

Please Talia, don't hurt him. Don't make me lose him again.

Don't make live without his light, without his love.

Please Talia.

I need him.

 

END