Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
366
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
988

Hard or Soft

Summary:

a trip to the Fresh 'n' Shop supermarket

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

.

Hard or Soft
By Jo Ann Thompson

As they walked through the doors of the Fresh 'n' Shop supermarket Jim and Blair were confronted with a psychedelic display of holiday confections. Every shade of a pastel rainbow assailed them.

"Jim, man, turn 'em down. Damn, I forgot all about this."

Jim quickly followed Blair's advice before he could zone on the dazzling reflection of light off of the colorful sweets. Sparkling pink, white, yellow, and blue all called to him.

He inhaled the sweet fragrance of sugar and cocoa, coconut and peanut butter. "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Sandburg I wanna..."

"How do you like 'em Jim, hard or soft?"

"Uh, what do you mean hard or soft? Is this some weird sort of proposition, Chief?"

"No man! Peeps, hard or soft, fresh or stale, how do you like to eat them?"

"Ughhhh! Stale Peeps? Who would want to eat stale pastel sugar. I definitely like them fresh."

"Oh rats, well then I guess we can't get any."

"Why not, Chief?"

"Cause I love stale, hard Peeps."

"Yuck, but we can get you some and me some and you just have to save them."

"Nope! Won't work."

"Why not?"

"Cause you'll eat them all, and they won't ever get a chance to get stale."

"Sandburg, I do have willpower. If we buy a couple of packs I promise not to eat your share."

"Really, cool, cause Naomi would promise every year, then by the time a month went by, there would be only one or two left. You promise?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

One hour later Jim and Blair left the store with six packs of the Easter treats.

When they got home, Blair immediately unpacked the Peeps and opened one end of the cellophane wrapper, then he laid them  put them in the same cupboard where his tea was kept.

Jim on the other hand opened his and quickly put them in a blue tupperware container, but leaving two on the counter for  immediate consumption. Popping them one after the other  he sighed a blissful sign of sugar laden euphoria. Life was good.

END?

Read my Sentinel fan fiction at:
http://members.spree.com/funngames/parpoyznelf

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jo Ann Thompson.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.