Actions

Work Header

The Magnificent Seven Cats AU: The Most Precious Prize

Summary:

Summary: They were the Knights of their day, and they had been stolen from.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Magnificent Seven Cats AU: The Most Precious Prize
by Pirate Turner

 

Through light and dark, they rode. Seven fiercesome warriors galloped over plains and hills, their ears laid back against their proud heads and their tails sticking straight up and fluffed out like majestic plumes. They were the Knights of their day, and they had been stolen from.

Through town after town, they searched high and low, leaving no rock unturned. They questioned friend and enemy and kept riding through sun and moon, never daring to rest for long until, at last, they found what they sought. They watched their prey and then struck with the first rays of the rising sun.

They were fierce and proud, but most of all, they were valiant. They would beat any enemy, destroy any foe to get at the most precious prize that had been taken from them. At long last, the cat man in black took his claws out of their final enemy, and as he dropped, he turned through the mist to look.

His green eyes took in the carnage, checking on each of his men before turning to where two of his best friends were picking the chains that held their friends and extended family tight. Chris fought to rein in his emotions as he watched Vin embrace Nettie and hold her fragile form tight in his strong arms. He knew she had cried and was even now trying to hold back her tears.

His gaze followed Casey as she rushed into JD's arms, Inez as she hugged Ezra and then even granted Buck a very swift hug. Nathan squeezed Rain tightly while Josiah tended to Gloria, and only Mary stood alone. Chris touched the brim of his hat in a salute to her even as she ran to him. "Mary," was all he said, but his heart sang with relief. Their family was whole again!


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: