Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,064
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
990

101 Positions in 20 Minutes

Summary:

RATED: PG-13
FANDOM: Homicide: Life on the Street
CLASSIFICATION: PWP
KEYWORDS: Slash, Pre-Existing Relationship
PAIRING: Meldrick Lewis/Michael Kellerman
ARCHIVE: Sure, go ahead to Wonderful World of Make Believe.
SUMMERY: Answer to a challenge.
Submitted through the HomicideLOTStreets mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

101 Positions in 20 Minutes
by Hayley Douglas

Mike looked down briefly and did a double take. Snatching the cuff of his partner's jacket sleeve he pulled him back sharply. Meldrick glared at his partner before following the pointed finger.

"What," he asked in surprise, bending down to get a closer look at the thin, paperback book on the bottom shelf.

"One Hundred and One Positions in Twenty Minutes?"

"Yeah right," Meldrick snorted, looking up and down the empty aisle before bending down and picking up the book. They examined the cover- the stylized title and the gold and green Celtic knots. It was a tiny book, only a little bigger then an index card.

"How come they always do that one hundred and one, or one thousand and one instead of just one hundred or one thousand," asked Mike, looking from the cover to the face of his lover, "I mean, it's just one more thing to have to worry about."

"I don't know," Meldrick answered, opening the cover and glancing quickly through the title and dedication pages.

"You sure you want to open that?"

"And why not?"

"I don't know, once you get an idea in your head..." Mike smiled and closed his mouth with a glance from Meldrick.

"It's educational, Mikey. For the better good of my- of our -sex lives. Lookin' at the pages isn't going to do any harm to you or me."

Mike raised an eyebrow and looked toward the front of the bookstore, eyeing the manager who seemed immersed in one of the 'behind the counter' magazines. He could see the eyes flick in their direction once and a while, sizing them up with a glance, before returning to the pages.

"I think we should go and interview the manager, Meldrick. You know, so we can close this case any time soon." Mike watched as Meldrick bit his lower lip and turned another page. His eyes widened slightly and he pulled the book closer to his face so that Mike could not see.

"Meldrick, we *are* on duty," he said, slightly annoyed that his partner would not let him see what the book contained, even though he had a pretty fair idea. Lewis chuckled and closed the book, waving for Mike to take the lead to the back of the dusty store where the counter was.

"Good evening, sir," Mike said, pulling his badge out, "we're Detective's Kellerman and Lewis from Baltimore City Homicide."

Lewis pulled a picture out of his pocket and held it up for the owner to see. "Have you seen this man in the past couple of weeks?"

The middle-aged man set the magazine back on the rack and leaned forward to take a closer look.

"Sorry, my glasses were stolen right off the counter when I went to swipe a card. Didn't notice until it was too late... Yeah, yeah. He used to come in all the time. A regular to buy the latest issue of Playboy. Had real good conversations about Ms. July of 93' once."

"Have you seen him lately," Kellerman asked, forcing a grin down.

"Nope, sorry."

"Did you ever take any information down that would help us find him?"

"What, is he in trouble," the manager rolled his eyes, "well, of course he is. Nope again. He always paid cash. Is that all?"

Meldrick shook his head, "Nah, a pack of gum and uh," he reached in his pocket and tossed the book down on the counter, "this."

"Meldrick..." Mike sighed, shaking his head and putting his hands on his hips.

"That'll be five seventy-nine," the manager answered, his face devoid of all expression. Mike could only guess at what was going through his mind. Meldrick smiled fleetingly, sliding the book and the pack of gum off of the counter and into his pocket. Mike let him lead this time.

"Why'd you do that?" Mike twisted the keys in the ignition and sighed with relief as the engine turned over. Meldrick slipped the book out again and opened it up.

"Why do you think?"

"No way, Meldrick. *No* *way* am I going to let you experiment on me." Mike pulled out into traffic, extremely agitated by his lover's antics.

"Oh, you rather I practice on someone else," Meldrick nodded, "I didn't know this was an open relationship."

Kellerman did not answer, keeping his hands tight around the steering wheel to keep from back handing his partner. Jaw set he faced forward and pretended not to hear what Meldrick was saying.

"Listen to this- ... we will guarantee that within two weeks you *will* be able to complete one hundred and one scrumptious positions, *or more*, or we will give you a full refund."

"Yeah, right, that book is probably... I dunno, twenty years old or something. The company's out of business, because, who, with the exception of you Meldrick, would buy a book guaranteeing that you will be able to perform so many sexual positions in twenty minutes no matter your build or athleticism. I mean, who on this Earth can go five rounds much less a hundred and one?"

"You have got to be optimistic, Kellerman. We're both physically fit guys. Work out at the gym, lift weights, and take a few swings at the old punching bag. I think that we could do it."

"No, you're thinking about the five seventy-nine you wasted on that piece of junk, and the gum. You don't chew gum, Meldrick."

Meldrick smiled and tossed the pack of gum into Mike's lap. "The gum was for you, baby."

Speechless, Mike blinked.

"Thanks," he mumbled. He reached into his lap and retrieved the pack. Keeping his hands at the top of the steering wheel, he carefully tore the top of the pack off and slipped a stick out.

Meldrick watched his every move as he stuck the gum between his lips, and used his tongue to pull it all the way into his mouth. Mike looked over at him, chewing slowly.

"Man, do you ever think with your real brain," he asked, turning his eyes back to the road, "Fine, we'll try your damn book."

"You saw it first," Meldrick said, smiling, opening the book again and continuing reading.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Hayley Douglas.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.