Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of A Heart Too Burdened
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-09-20
Words:
1,238
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
28
Hits:
4,091

A Heart Too Burdened

Summary:

Quatre is troubled

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Gundam Wing
Warning: Suicide

Chapter Text

A Heart Too Burdened
By Sephiroth

-Chapter 1-

"Master Quatre," Rashid knocked at the bathroom door, "are you all right?"

"I'm fine," Quatre didn't like lying to Rashid. The man was like a second father to him. But he did not want to burden the Manganac Leader with his personal troubles. "Look, I just got into the bath, so I'll be at least several minutes."

Rashid nodded, then moved away from the bathroom door. "I'll have the house-staff make some hot tea for you."

"Thanks," Quatre said, through closed door. He looked down at his wrist, open and bleeding, at the crimson billows in the water below.

*****

"Quatre?" Trowa knocked on the bathroom door about thirty minutes later. He hadn't been alarmed for the first twenty minutes, seeing as Quatre had just gotten into the bath, and he usually took about fifteen to twenty minutes for bathing. But when he still hadn't returned to the sitting room to watch TV with the others, Trowa had become worried and had gone to check on the boy he loved.

"Quat..." he began as he opened the bathroom door, the name faltering upon his lips as he beheld the macabre spectacle before him.

His knees gave way as he sank to the floor, the entire world suddenly shattering as his mind fragmented into a million pieces.

There on his knees, the sight before him forever burned into his mind's eye, excluding all other images that ever were or had been, Trowa didn't even know he was screaming.