Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
873
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
732

The Oldest One

Summary:

He's alive and so is the Fourth Doctor...how is that possible????
Characters: Adric
Challenges: None

Work Text:



The Oldest One
by CMento

"You are in there?" Totter's Lane. Often revisited by Doctors and their companions alike. The door creaked as the boy pushed on it. He wore a blue denim jacket, sneakers that felt too tight even after being worn for two years, and denim jeans. A yellow T shirt underneath the jacket completed the boy's outfit. "I know you are. I have been told by the teachers...there!" The boy's breath hushed out in awe as he saw the TARDIS behind some pile of junk, an old statue, a rocking horse, tennis rackets, and an abandoned bulldozer---as if the place were to be knocked down but permission was denied. The boy moved in, the fear of the misty dark, gone once the TARDIS was spotted. The door creaked closed behind him, meeting its companion fence. The boy seemed to skip, rather unearthly, toward the blue box.

"I saw a blue box..."

Just as he approached, the doors opened and a tall man with white curly hair came out, "Complete utter rubbish!!!" The melodious voice yelled as a book was hurtled from the interior, almost hitting the boy. As the tall man, in a burgundy jacket, a large scarf of many colors, a flippant floppy hat of brown, a white ruffle shirt, and gray pants, boots...turned to slam the doors on him, the boy rushed into the doors, past the Doctor. "Who are you! Get out of here! You comely boy!"

"It is you!"

"Who? Who? Get out of my Ship! My home! You have no right! Now get out before I..." for a moment the Doctor stumbled in his throat and his large tall body shuddered...

"Before you what, Doctor?"

"You know my name! Good for you!" He turned to the wicker chair, "Now get out, I have some more reading to do."

The Doctor could always get annoyed, irritated if not irritating, moody, pensive, and sarcastic. But now he looked menacing and he was coming toward me, the boy thought. "What will you do, Doctor?"

"You obviously know me and I think I know you somehow but I don't care! I just want to be left alone! ALone!!!!" The man snapped his head at the boy.

The boy moved closer instead of backward, whispering, "Doc...tor...it's me."

The Doctor blinked as if to go through a number of old names. Jamie. Ian. Turlough. Ben. Peri. Steven. Mike. John Benton. Alistar. "Got it. Polly!"

"No!" The boy moved closer but now the Doctor moved back.

"Stay way from me and get out or I'll..."

"Strangle me?"

"Like I did to Peri!" This made the Doctor sit in the wicker chair, "Peri." He blinked again, "Peri? Now why do I remember that name?"

"She was one of your companions, Doctor. You almost strangled her! But it was okay--you were undergoing some body problems at that time."

The Doctor jumped up with such force, the wicker chair fell back, "Body problems! Get out of here! It could be hazardous to your health! Now leave!"

"I'll get the doors," the boy went to the switch and moved it to close the doors.

"How did you know...no don't tell me! I don't want to know!" He covered his ears with his hat, pulling it down over them, and tightly shut his eyes.

"Doctor," the boy laughed for the first time since remeeting the Doctor, "Now you're being childish..."

"Childish, Sarah Jane...what's the use of being childish if you can't act grown up for a time, aye?" He opened his wide eyed wider. He dropped his hands but waved them up over his shoulders in on time . The Doctor smiled but only for a few seconds. He dropped the smile. "Tears, Sarah Jane?"

"Doctor, something's wrong...with you..."

"I beg your pardon," the Doctor pulled his hat off and threw at the boy violently.

"And with me...I shouldn't be here at all..."

"I'm not exactly breaking the laws of time but I am bending them alittle...you never seemed to bother with rules..."

"Doctor, I know I never did," the boy said, "But I shouldn't be here either..."

"What do you mean?" The Doctor moved over the console where the boy leaned to steady himself.

"I mean I should be elsewhere...not here on Earth in the year 1999...September."

"Well I can fix that! I can drop you off anywhere, anytime..."

"I mean I think I'm supposed..."

"Supposed!? Nothing supposed Nothing's sure! Nothing!"

"Not even you."

"No," the Doctor grew quiet,"No? NO!" His moods changed rapidly.

"I don't even think you are supposed to be here," the boy said serious and coming toward the Doctor.

"Spack off!" The Doctor jumped backward into a hatstand that toppled over.

"The TARDIS...you...you're not different enough!"

"Whatever are you talking about!!!???"

"It's me, Doctor! You've got to remember!"

"I do and I don't. And I don't care! I am who I am."

"Doctor, I think I was supposed to die two years ago my time, longer some other time. I'm not even supposed to be here on the Earth...something's wrong, something's wrong with time."

The Doctor grew serious and pensive. He drew near to the boy and nodded for the boy to come closer. The Doctor bent down and brought his head to the boy's ear, "You know, I think you are quite right...Adric..."

 

TO BE CONTINUED....