Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,076
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
2,298

The Final Act

Summary:

(Judgment Day AU) The show and characters are not mine but in my mind, but Tony’s decision to tell NCIS to go to hell is all mine. I’m hoping to make this a cross over with HL: TR if I work on it enough and mash up the timelines as well. And if anyone can give me advice on how to download more than 15 fics to ff.net it would make me oh so happy.

Work Text:

Tony didn’t say a word-he just follows Gibbs and the others out the office door. Vance that superficial bastard had split the team. Tony had suspected that shit would hit the fan at NCIS much like how things had gone down after Kate’s death. The switching of political lapdogs didn’t throw him much anymore. It was the team’s separation that got to him. Countless others had wanted to split them up before this, but it was due to Tony’s spectacular fuck up that things had gone down as they had. It was the final straw for him really; it was Jenny’s stupidity at the end of the day that had sealed the deal for all of them in his NCIS family. Oh well Tony thinks, it was about time he cut the apron strings anyway. This whole situation just gave him his excuse to finally vanish.

 

As the team neared, the center of the bullpen Tony pulled himself back. Ending up at the end of the team’s depressing lineup, he knew at that point, what he had to do. He watched as Abby’s tears fell, Ducky’s disbelief showed, and as the other’s anger grew. But he knew it wouldn’t help. As he sits down at his desk, determined to let the others reactions simply pass by him Tony couldn’t help but reflect it had been the longest work stint he’d done in decades. He had no idea what he’d do with himself now. Shrugging his shoulders Tony bends his head down and puts his mind to the tasks he had to complete before leaving.

 

Booting up his computer he waits for everything to load. And as he does so, he glances at the others once more. He lets out a small sigh as he hears the conversation going around him. Despite Abby’s optimism and Gibb’s steely resolve Tony finds his faith failing. He’d seen these games too many times throughout his years and he wasn’t going to challenge the system. It was far past the time that he should’ve disappeared. Hell he should’ve been outta here after the plague but no Katie’s death and Gibbs’ manipulations had kept him involved. This little world of theirs’ had enraptured him one too many times, and it was time he ended the mutual obsession they all had going on. He watches, as the others get ready to leave, he agrees to meet them later. He knew they’d be sad when they realized he had lied to them straight to their faces. And after all the crap he’d been through, he honestly had no regret about that. He did feel sadness for everything else though, these past years would hinder the teams’ minds at odd points but for him it would be but a minute in a long congress of unending moments.

 

As Tony, watches Gibbs fall behind the elevator doors he lets out another explosive sigh. He pushes a few more buttons and watches his past and future come up on print preview. What a day it had been Tony can’t help but think, more like what a life he smirks to himself. Well no more, he thinks simply. Standing up and looking about for a few more seconds he takes himself over to the printer. Multiple black and white pages of his small apologies and with little to none, shades of regret he places each letter in their designated envelopes. Everything has a place and these letters had been waiting for their time to come since month one of his time at NCIS.

 

It was way past the time for a new start, for a new life. Tony knows he’ll miss NCIS and his team. Despite all the drama and disgust from all sides at some times, they had always been a family. And that was something Tony hadn’t felt in ages, not since his teacher and lover Adam had released him from all his duties and severed ties with him. For god’s sake, the man even had him erased from his very own history book. It was as if Tony had never existed for the old man and up until his impromptu meeting with one Leroy Jethro Gibbs, he had never been able to mask the gigantic hole Adam’s abandonment had left in him.

 

Of course his issues with “his old man” were what prompted, all the tales of woe Tony sometimes let leak past his lips. A little embellishment here and there and a couple of well told lies and he had given himself a whole new back ground and now he had to repeat history once again and make things up as he went along. Well at least I won’t be a cop this time, Tony smiles at that. He had realized early on that he would need a whole new career field because in his last one he was just too well known. And no matter how good he was at disguises he would still need a job and life that would allow him relative anonymity but still keep him in the loop.

 

He was still at odds at what exactly he would be doing for the next couple of years but pondering that could wait a bit. And as Tony slips the envelopes on the desks around him and a few into the mail cart he has to slow down and catch his breath because this was yet a again one of those moments to remember and to treasure on those hard nights to come. And as he leans down to pick up his poor pitiful box of belongings, he looks around again. Such a sad reflection of his life he has to think, because even leaving the pen is giving him such harsh feelings it causes him to crinkle the box he’s dearly holding onto. And as he watches the pen fade behind the steel doors he slumps against the wall, his breath coming to him in pants, this was such a hard thing for him to do but god was it necessary for him to move on. He has barely a minute to collect himself and walk away and as he pushes the doors to leave into the dark and damp Washington, DC night he can’t help but shiver with the dropping temperature and as the streetlights come on Tony walks away from such a history, he can’t stop himself from sighing with deep regret.