Actions

Work Header

WHAT'S UP DOC?

Summary:

A group of super heroes have been shoved into another dimension where a certain pair of vigilantes live. Will they be friends or enemies and will they ever get home again? SWAT Kats and Loonatics Unleashed Crossover.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Weirder Than Normal Visitors

Notes:

I was just watching the second season for the Loonatics Unleashed and was struck with the thought of what would happen if they landed on the SWAT Kats world. This was the result. Hope you like it.

Chapter Text

“I tell ya, T-Bone, Dark Kat and Viper are up to something big! I just know it!” Razor growled as he stormed to his locker and started to strip off his G-suit.

“Yeah, I believe you buddy but it will take more than a hunch to convince Feral of that.” T-Bone grumbled as he changed as well.

“That’s for certain. We’ll be hit by a full blown attack by the time he’ll believe anything we say.” Jake muttered irately.

“Well there’s nothing we can do about it except for keeping our eyes peeled and doing more patrols.” Chance sighed in disgust.

Jake just grunted in agreement as he climbed the ladder leading up to their kitchen, Chance close behind him. He made for the fridge and grabbed two cans of milk and tossed one to his partner who caught it deftly.

“Pizza?”

“Yeah, order four! I’m really hungry.” Chance said as he headed for the living area.

“Roger!” Jake agreed and called in their order.

It had been a bad week all around. Dark Kat and Viper had teamed up but only the SWAT Kats knew that. They had seen the evidence...vines and creeplings...then they managed to mysteriously vanish before Commander Feral and the Enforcers could witness them.

It was frustrating! They were getting the flack for what those omegas were doing all because no one else saw them.

At the Biochemical Labs, creeplings had slipped in and stole several vials of experimental chemicals for making new types of crowd control gases. They managed to give the SWAT Kats the slip after trashing the room. Next, Viper’s vines snuck into two different factories. One made specialized mirrors and the other made telescopes. Again making messes that the vigilantes were getting the blame for because they were always at the scene when the damage was discovered. What the omegas wanted with these things had the SWAT Kats completely baffled.

Feral had put an APB out on them. Chance was disgusted that the Chief Enforcer never seemed to learn. A factory had blown up around him last time he’d made the mistake of thinking the SWAT Kats had been at fault and learned it had been all the major omegas except Turmoil. Too bad they didn’t really die in that explosion.

While the SWAT Kats tried to figure out what their two worst enemies were up to in a different dimension another group of crime fighters were heading home after a major battle with two of their nastier enemies.

“Well I’m glad that’s over with.” Duck said with an exhausted yawn as he slumped in his seat in their spaceship.

“I’m with you, Duck!” Ace said, equally tired.

“That had to be the worst mission we’ve gone on in some time. Just glad no one was killed, though a lot of people were injured and it will take some time for them to rebuild their town.” Lexi sighed. “So glad to be going home. All I want is a nice hot bath.”

“I’ve got a lot of work to do to repair the damage done to our weapons system and engines.” Tech said unhappily, as he piloted the ship.

“Get some rest first, Tech.” Ace warned.

“Yeah, I know. For once I’m just too tired to even think about getting started on the repair work, promise.” Tech said, yawning.

“Brrrlarggg...(I’m hungry)!” Slam growled, his stomach gargling to prove his point.

“We’ll be home in precisely ten minutes and forty seconds, Slam.” The coyote told him.

“Even I’m tired and that’s unusual for me. I’m usually hyped up after a battle but everything hurts and my stomach is hungry and I could use a shower. I’ll help you with the repairs, Tech, don’t worry. Maybe there’s some cold pizza left in the fridge that is, if Slam hasn’t already eaten it. If that’s the case, then we’ll just have to order out and maybe...” Rev rattled on in his usual high speed fashion.

“Rev, give it a rest would ya!” Ace pleaded.

Rev blinked in surprise but for once closed his beak. He was really tired too but his metabolism ran faster than the others so he didn’t feel it the same way. He only needed a couple of hours sleep before he was fully rested. His team mates found that a bit annoying at times.

“We’re just about in range of our planet. Beginning descent!” Tech announced.

Just as they were about to enter the atmosphere something struck their ship...hard. They were sent spinning out of control. The cabin was filled with yells and screams as Tech tried his best to bring the ship back under control but whatever had struck them was still spinning them faster and faster.

Their control board blinked crazily and on the viewscreen, space was filled with wild colored lights for a few seconds then it all ceased. The ship halted abruptly and was drifting above a planet.

“Ooooh, my aching head! What the heck happened!” Duck moaned holding his head.

“Yeah, Tech, what hit us?” Ace demanded.

“Give me a second.” Tech snapped as he checked his sensors and made system checks of the ship’s condition. It was hard for everyone to sit and wait while he worked.

“Is it just me or does that planet below us look unfamiliar?” Duck asked, frowning as he stared hard at the object ahead in their viewscreen.

“Blarraghahr...(That’s not home)!” Slam said in shock.

“Come to think of it, the stars don’t look right either.” Ace said in dismay.

“Where are we?” Lexi asked worriedly.

“Well, if I had to make a guess and it would be a wild one at that. I’d say we were thrown to another part of the galaxy we’ve never been or maybe another dimension. Its just a theory mind you but...” Rev spoke so fast only a few words were understood by the others.

“Calm down Rev.” Tech said firmly. “Unfortunately, Rev may be right. We are either in a part of the galaxy we’ve not been to before or an entirely different dimension. My instruments are all shorted out so I can’t really determine which it is until I can fix it.”

“Wonderful! What do you suggest? We go down there and ask for a garage to fix this thing?” Duck asked sarcastically.

“We don’t have any choice. We need to repair our ship and we have to be on the ground for me to do that, Duck.” Tech said in annoyance.

“Well I guess that’s what we’ll have to do then. Do you have enough control to land us somewhere safe?” Ace asked, making a command decision.

“Wait! How do we know these people won’t be upset or hostile if we just zoom right in and land? They might not even have space technology.” Lexi said warningly.

“Hmm...you may be right Lexi but again, without my sensors working properly, I can’t determine what kind of people are on this planet or anything else about them.” Tech said. “And yes, Ace, I do have enough control to get us down safe.”

“Well, then we’ll just have to sneak in under the cover of darkness and reconnoiter.” Ace said. “As Tech said we don’t really have a choice. Everyone be on their guard if these guys turn out to be hostile.”

They watched the planet get closer as Tech sought the dark side of it to find a safe place to land. The planet had a small moon that they soared past. The planet itself was hues of green, brown, areas of blue and patches of white.

“Whoops!” Tech barked as he jerked the ship to one side. “Well I guess that answers one question.”

“What the heck?” Duck squawked at the sudden swerving motion.

“Why did you pull us aside sharply like that?” Ace asked.

“They might not have space ships but they do have satellites. I just missed hitting one. That means they aren’t in the stone age at least. That’s a lucky break for us.” Tech said in relief.

“Humph! I hope they have food we can eat. I’m starving!” Duck grunted.

“We’ll know soon enough, Duck.” Ace said distractedly as he watched the planet get closer by the minute.

Very quickly they dropped into the atmosphere and began to cruise slowly over the landscape. They were nearing a fairly large city of some kind when a black blur swept close and nearly hit them.

“What the heck was that?” T-Bone shouted to his partner as he veered the Turbokat away sharply to prevent a collision with the large ship moving slowly toward Megakat City. They had been out doing their evening patrol when they realized they weren’t alone.

“It’s some kind of space ship.” Razor growled back.

“I can see that but it’s nothing like I’ve seen before. Crud! I hope we’re not getting invaded again!” He said in fear and disgust. The last two times invaders from space had arrived on their planet they had not been friendly except for the Aquians.

“I’ll try to communicate with them and see what their intentions are.” Razor said grimly.

“Okay, what the heck was that?” Ace said, getting a little tired of the near misses that kept happening to them.

“From what little I can get from my crippled sensors, it’s a very modern jet of some kind...wait ...I think they are trying to communicate with us...” Tech said excitedly as he fiddled with his comm unit.

“Hello in the ship! What are your intentions?” A voice growled out of the speakers.

“We are called the Loonatics. We mean you no harm. We’ve suffered damage from being hit by something unknown that sent us here wherever this is. Please, we mean you no harm. We only need to set down somewhere safe and hidden, long enough for us to make repairs. My name is Ace, by the way, and I’m the leader. Who are you?” Ace asked politely.

Razor didn’t respond right away. He cut the connection and spoke to his partner. “Well they don’t seem hostile, T-Bone and my sensors do indicate they have suffered damage.”

“What are you thinking, Razor?” T-Bone asked.

“I think we need to help them. Let’s take them to our desert course where no one will see them and they’ll be safe from Feral and the Enforcers. If they turn out to be false, they will be away from the city.” Razor said thoughtfully.

“Okay, sounds like a good plan.” T-Bone agreed, keeping the jet pacing the space ship.

“Excuse us for taking so long to answer. We’ve had visitors from space before and except for one exception, they were bent on taking over our world so you can understand our caution. My name is Razor and the pilot is called T-Bone.” Razor told Ace.

“Pleased to meet ya! Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad visitors. I promise we are friendly. If you can help us we would be very grateful. We’ll go wherever you think is best.” Ace told him carefully.

“Alright, then follow us. We’ll take you to a place where your ship won’t cause a panic and you can work in peace.” Razor said, giving T-Bone the go-ahead to lead them to the desert.

“Roger, you lead...we’ll follow.” Ace said shutting the connection. “You heard the guy, Tech. Follow his afterburners.” Ace instructed Tech.

“Right! We’re on their tail.” Tech said.

“Well, they sound okay, if not overly friendly but by what he said, you can hardly blame them.” Lexi said thoughtfully.

“I just hope we can get something to eat!” Duck grumbled.

“Blarraahdrag...(Me too!)!” Slam said, his stomach grumbling at him loudly.

“Well at least they aren’t in the dark ages and know what a space ship is. They have some pretty nice tech themselves from what I’m able to see.” Rev said in fascination as he stared at the Turbokat ahead of them.

“Maybe they’ll let you take a peek if you ask nicely.” Ace muttered as he too stared at the jet.