Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,058
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,500

On my own

Summary:


pairing: some Apollo/Hyacinthus and a little apollo/ares that may be onesided or not. You'll have to make the decision yourself :eyes shift: mwahaha!
Disclaimer: apollo,Hyacinthus and all like characters are not mine. They belong to themseleves or  whoever first told their stories.
A/N: this takes place in greek mythology not the H:LD or X:WP so that explains why the charictization is different.  It may be a bit OOC even then but hopefully it's still believable.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

On my own
By drm_kpr

 

[And now I'm all alone again
Nowhere to turn, no one to go to
Without a home, without a friend,
Without a face to say hello to.]

Apollo still couldn't move from his kneeling postion. Even after creating the flower for Hyacinthus, in his memory but the death was only part of his pain. The worst part was he had lost someone precious to him. One of the few people who really tried to understand him.

 

[And now the night is near
Now I can make believe he's here.
Sometimes I walk alone at night
When everybody else is sleeping
I think of him and then I'm happy
With the company I'm keeping
The city goes to bed
And I can live inside my head.]

Even now if he shut his eyes he could remember every moment that they had spent together. Seeing Hyacinthus for the first time, the conversations they had had together. Teaching him how to deal with wounds on the battle feilds. The frist time Hyacinthus had come to with quesions about sex and the way it had led up to them becoming lovers.

Yes so many memories. He looked at the boys cooling body before him and sighed to himself tears in his eyes. "Hyacinthus" He had been everything to the boy. He had  been father, mentor friend and lover.

And now he was gone. Just gone.

[On my own
Pretending he's beside me
All alone, I walk with him till morning
Without him
I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And he has found me]

&two days later&

It was a large turnout of the burial. But then again he had been the son of a king so the whole kingdom had  turned out. He watched from the back of the crowd as Hyacinthus was put rest. He heard the prayers go to his uncle hades to take Hyacinthus to the elisian feilds and silnetly hoped hades would do so. Then again he proabaly would, uncle hades was a fair man. Hyacinthus had been a good generous youth and there was no reason for him to not go to the feilds.

[In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me for ever and forever]

After the funeral he had gone back to his jobs. There were a ton of them but even when he was working he couldn't compleatly stop thinkinf of Hyacinthus but at least it helped him not think about him so much.

He could almost forget somtime that he had lost someone he loved.

 

[And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to him
And although I know that he is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us]

One day he had a rare hour or so without work and decied to vist the spot where his former lover had died. He did that from time to time, Although most of his heart belonged to Ares he had still loved the spartan prince deeply. He got to the spot, where a bunch of the flower named after his lover bloomed and knelt there.

[I love him
But when the night is over
He is gone, the river's just a river
Without him the world around me changes
The trees are bare and everywhere
The streets are full of strangers]

"Hello Hyacinthus." He said softly. "I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner but you know how busy I get. I hope everything is going well for you in the afterlife. I know your probably in the eliysian feilds. But I still miss you, I knew when I met you you'd die one day but I didn't think it would come this soon." He trailed off trying to pull himself together, it really was lonely with out Hyacinthus. "You were the only one Hyacinthus. the only one I could really talk too. About anything, you didn't expect me to be anything but who I was. I loved you...I still do. But you knew that didn't you? You knew that despite not holding my heart compleatly you were in it." He sighed "I really miss you Hyacinthus." He whisperd as a few tears slipped down his cheeck.

That's when he heard the twig crack and spun to see ares standing there.

[I love him
But every day I'm learning
All my life I've only been pretending]

He was frozen as much from shock as from being close to ares. Ares stood there black hair gleaming like a polished gem dressed as always in black in that stance of his  that seemed to convey casual standing with alertness. He stood there looking at apollo. There was a long silence then apollo stood wipeing his cheecks. "Hello Ares" He said voice forced into neurtality. " Apollo." Ares returned quietly. There stood there for a moment before apollo spoke again. "What brings you out here?" he asked. "I was coming to survey this area, there might be a few skirmeshes to decrese the population. And yourslef?"

[Without me his world will go on turning]

"Just enjoying a few minutes of quiet." apollo said softly. Another silence descended before he cleared his throat. "I must be gonig. I have some work to do in a city near here." Ares nodded then spoke "Apollo..."

"Yes?" apollo answerd curious about his brothers tone.

Ares sighed "Nothing apollo. Go tend to your business."

[A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known!]

Apollo nodded and left.
He prayed ares didn't see that he was still crying a little
It probably wouldn't have made a differnce anyway.

[I love him
I love him
I love him
But only on my own.]

Ares stood wehre apollo had left him and looked at the spot where the sungod had been kneeling. He had never seen such emotion come from his fellow god. He suddenly realized there was probably more to apollo then he thought.

Maybe he should vist him.

 

END

A/n: Well I hoped you liked it and that I good feedback on it Have a nice day/afternoon/Night! Love to you all!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author drm_kpr.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.