Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 45 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,492
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,127

I Should Be So Lucky..!

Summary:

Episode 44 of the BEYOND MERIDIAN Series. Title episode co-written by BETHANY S. HEARD & SIMON BLEAKEN... SERIES by BETHANY S. HEARD...Episode 44 written on: 26.2.03...

Work Text:


I Should Be So Lucky..!
by Bethany

"So, where exactly did we get the damned thing..?" Jack sat, a bacon sandwich before him. He took a bite...

"It was in that book..." Daniel munched on his plate of hash browns.

Jack gave him one of those looks...

Daniel rolled his eyes. "The Book of the Big Wigs, Jack..!"

Jack still hadn't caught on.

"Your own name for them, sir..." Samantha sat down with a bowl full of Rice Pudding, decorated with a lovely dollop of raspberry jelly.

"The Book of the Ancients," Daniel began, as he squirted salad cream on his breakfast, "the back page was a stone tablet..." He looked over his glasses.

"How retro of them..!" Jack started on another bacon sarnie.

"How d'ya figure that, Colonel???" Sam smiled.

"They're gods, Carter, they could just as well have written it in the sky!" Jack explained.

"They're not gods..." Jonas sat down, carrying a portion of the same breakfast choice Sam had made.

"They're a lot closer to it than we'll ever be..." Jack mused.

"Not necessarily..." Daniel drained his glass of milk.

Jack looked at him.

"Just think it over for a while..." Daniel grinned knowingly.

"For the next few millennia..!" Jack replied.

"That should do it..!!!" Quinn said brightly, sipping his cranberry juice.

"When's Teal'c due home?" Sam changed the subject.

"He's scheduled to come through the big blue yonder at Fifteen hundred hours..."  Jack put down the jug of sparkling mineral water.
    

"Hi, T..!" Jack welcomed his friend home, at the bottom of the Gate ramp.

"It is good to see you, O'Neill..." Teal'c replied.

"The kids' been driving you nuts???" Jack asked, clapping his friend on the back as they walked out of the Gate-Room.

"No, O'Neill... Unfortunately, we must convene a meeting with General Hammond and the rest of SG1..." Teal'c stated.

 

"...And you heard this news just as you were setting off back to the SGC..???" Hammond asked.

"I was saying farewell to Breta'c and the rest of my family, when several of the rebel Jaffa, led by Rak'nor, descended upon us from an incoming wormhole." Teal'c re-iterated.

"They have gone off to join the fight???" Jonas Quinn enquired.

"Indeed..." Teal'c nodded.

"And what of Breta'c?" Daniel suddenly thought.

"He has gone also..." Teal'c replied.

"Is that guy ever gonna retire..!?" Jack exclaimed.

"Doubtfully..." Teal'c added.

"Sir, we have to go and fight at their side..!" Major Sam Carter looked pleadingly at the General.

"Who else can we call in to help them???" Hammond thought.

"My father is back from his Mission for the Tok'ra..." Sam stated. "I'm sure he could gather men and women willing to fight for their cause!"

"It's their cause as well..." Daniel mused aloud.

Jonas nodded. "And ours..."

 

 

 

"I'm not happy about you being here..." Jack said, as he helped apply camouflage paint to the face of his son.

Charlie looked up at his father. His symbiote, Asa, spoke, "I will keep your son safe, Colonel..."

Jack flinched, still unused to hearing an alien voice resonate from his son.

"It's OK, Dad..!" Charlie assured him, sounding like the adolescent he should be.

 

 

 

"We're putting all our eggs in one basket here, you realise?" Jacob said to Breta'c.

"What else are we to do???" Breta'c responded quite reasonably.

"Not a lot, I suppose..." Jacob was thinking things over.

"There is too much at risk..!" Malik furthered.

Martouf had been pacing the floor a little, also mulling over their situation. "We just have to make sure that we take their plan and use it on them before they use it on us..!!!"

"Good plan!" Narim said, encouragingly. He had been called upon as an enemy of the Goa'uld. His small band of survivors had become a small band of warriors. Fierce and determined, such was the hunger in them for the freedom to return to their painfully lost way of life...

 

 

 

The Peltac had landed. Right in the middle, and now, Hera streamed forth.

Daniel Jackson watched her, hidden, thankful that Sarah wasn't here to set her eyes upon such a hideous sight. Hera was hardly a beauty. Just as the legend says..! He thought. Harsh and evil-eyed, Hera reminded him of his old Head-Mistress back in Boarding School, with the added attraction of glowing eyes. He wondered why she hadn't changed hosts - Maybe she knows how scary she looks! He considered, maybe years of exile and sharing a sarcophagus with Zeus have finally got to her... He looked down the barrel of his gun at her, the cold, dark, spindly figure of a snakehead past its sell-by-date.

 

Jack dragged Charlie to the ground. A Staff Weapon blast was what father had just saved son from... It skimmed the space where Charlie had stood, and hit, full pelt, an enemy Jaffa.

Jack felt a tendril of something grab him, his back turned, to the icy string spewing from a Goa'uld ribbon device.

Charlie rolled over, prepared to shoot the hand clean off the host of that Goa'uld.

Anubis smirked down at him, from behind the dimension-defying mask he wore.

Daniel and  Sam made a run for it. They could see what was happening to their colleague.

Daniel ran at Anubis, meaning to knock him to the earth, or kick him into dust...

Sam Carter watched as something amazing happened.

A golden force shone from Daniel, emanated all around him. It did indeed knock Anubis down to earth, and kick him into dust.

Daniel froze.

"WHAT THE HELL..?!???!!!" Jack shouted above the din, past Daniel, to the other astounded observers, Carter and Charlie.

Daniel looked to the horizon. A familiar face shimmered, just far enough away to be out of danger. "Irisa..." Daniel whispered.

Sam caught sight of her. "She must have lent you her powers..." Sam spoke, her calm, deliberate speech a complete contrast to the war waging around her.

 

Jonas Quinn ran alongside Teal'c and Breta'c. He looked over his shoulder, could see Zeus and his army gaining on them. Something had to be done.

As he turned back, concentrating on the track, Narim and some of the other Tollan almost ran in to him.

Narim aimed his weapon.

Teal'c snagged Quinn's arm, eking him out of the line of fire.

Narim shot Hera.

And someone else shot him.

He went down.

Jacob Carter killed the shooter. He ran from his firing point, still aiming at and hitting Hera, specifically, any place that might have been the Goa'uld's escape route.

Narim held out a hand, through the choking dust...

"He's alive..!!!" Selmak boomed.

 

 

"We did it," Jonas beamed. "didn't we..???" He looked at Sam Carter.

"We appear to have been successful..." Teal'c said, cautiously.

Malik sat down heavily on the unforgiving ground. "Have we really just killed the three biggest threats to this Universe?" He looked to Selmak for an answer.

"And their armies..." Charlie stated.

Jack prayed, for the sake of his son, for all their sakes, that that wasn't just youthful arrogance being given a voice.

Sam noticed his reverie. She looked at him, waiting, knowing his thoughts, and silently, added the power of her prayers to his.

He suddenly saw her there, and, without thinking, reached out a hand.

Jacob Carter noticed, said nothing.

After a moment, Jack got up. "It's time to go home, my friends..."

"Narim's wound needs the attention of a doctor..." Martouf said, as he returned from the medical bay area of the little tent that was the camp they had set up before this all began. Remarkably, it had stood the test of war...

"And I know just the Doctor..!" Jack smiled over at Narim, in the corner. "Let's get you back to her!" He walked over, and with Jacob Carter's help, he hoisted the stretcher  that carried Narim's injured form.

 

The survivors burst through the gate...

"Thank God..!" George Hammond exclaimed joyously. He nodded to Doctor Frasier, who stood, on tender hooks, waiting to be useful.

She rushed down to the embarkation room, which was filling up with casualties.

 

"We managed it, Sarah..." Daniel said, walking in to her room on-base.

"You rid us of Hera and Zeus???" She ran over to him, entirely shocked.

"Not just them..." Daniel still couldn't believe what had happened. "An old friend helped to finally kill off Anubis as well..."

"Who on Earth did that???" Sarah asked incredulously.

"No one on Earth..!" Daniel told her.

"... Sha're..???" Sarah asked gently.

Daniel smiled, a little sadly, but fondly, as well... He paused. "It was Irisa..."

"That girl, the Ancient one..?" Sarah realised.

"Yes..." Daniel affirmed.

"How???" Sarah had to ask.

"I don't know..." Daniel admitted.

"...But..???" Sarah detected that reluctance in his tone, wonder...

"I helped..." Was all he said.

"One of the side effects of near Ascension..?" Sarah guessed.

"U-hu..." Daniel stated.

Sarah hugged him in celebration.

He laughed happily, and held her tightly.

 

"How's Narim doin'???" Jack asked kindly, as Sam plopped herself down next to him on the tattered sofa in the Rec-Room.

"He'll be heading home tomorrow..." She yawned.

They sat back on the sofa, in silence.

He turned to her.

She wearily smiled up at him. "Does this mean we can retire now..???" She asked.


THE END..???

Series this work belongs to: