Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 44 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
590
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,273

Banish the Storm Clouds Vanish the Fear�

Summary:

BEYOND MERIDIAN, The Series, episode 43, written on: 21.2.03… By: BETHANY S. HEARD…

Work Text:

 

Banish the Storm Clouds, Vanish the Fear…
by Bethany

On the order of General Hammond, Jack had taken the remaining members of SG1, (Daniel and Jonas were inside chatting..!) to help with the last of the perimeter checks, making sure no Goa’uld threat had slipped past Oma.

“I see nothing of concern, O’Neill…” Teal’c walked over to Jack’s patch.

“Me either, sir.” Sam met up with them.

“Well, if both Daniel and Jonas say that Oma isn’t some kind of god, & neither are these Others…” Jack looked heavenward, for some reason. “We could be in the crap without knowin’ it…”

“How’s that, sir?” Carter enquired.

“The Other guys… Y’know, Oma’s Big Wigs, might be on Anubis’ side, for all we know…” Jack grimaced.

“That’s not true, Colonel…” Quinn piped up.

Jack jumped. “Jesus, Mary, Mother of God, will you stop doing that???” Jack got all O’Neill-ish. “How the hell would you know, Apprentice Boy..???”

“I walked out here,” Jonas began.

“Not on water, I trust?” Jack muttered, more than asked.

Jonas re-iterated. “I walked out here to reassure you…”

“Clairvoyants!!!” Jack exclaimed.

“Actually, it was Daniel who detected that you might be getting all flustered…” Jonas grinned.

“Two of them..!” Jack frowned. “Flustered???”

Sam couldn’t help but smile, even after Jack gave her a cautionary glare. Perhaps, more so, because of it.

“The Others have this… This Code…” Quinn tried to simplify his explanation.

“A Prime Directive?” Teal’c asked helpfully.

“Kinda…” Jonas smiled. “That’s why everything’s gone back to normal…”

“What’s normal..?” Jack put in.

“The SGC’s a secret again…” Quinn replied.

“No more social chaos, no more panic in the streets..???” Jack needed reassurance.

“All gone…” Jonas obliged.

“Not even the teensiest shred of pandemonium???” Jack furthered.
    “Not even that..!” Jonas assured him. “Anyway,” Quinn took a deep breath. “so, this…” He looked at Teal’c.

“Prime Directive…” Replied the Trekkie Jaffa.

“This Prime Directive, it usually means that any interference with the Mortal way of life is forbidden…” Jonas Quinn explained.

“Thank God for the unusual…” O’Neill quietly observed.

Quinn looked at him, signalling agreement.

“… But because of the fact that the Tablet would help Anubis to take over more than just this dimension,” Sam began to realise.

“Because their own Otherly butts were on the line..!” Jack let out. “We were the damned Cannon Fodder!”

“That’s a bit strong, Jack…” Jonas turned to him. “Oma fought for your interests all the way, remember?”

“She’s a good girl…” O’Neill allowed, almost sighing.

“Oma believes that teaching us a life akin to that which reflects her own, is just as worthwhile as the final step of the  journey…” Jonas mused.

“Do we leap-frog to that bit when we… Die???” Jack suddenly asked.

“I’m just Apprentice Boy, aren’t I???” Jonas reminded him. Then, he paused, considering. “But it would be nice to think so…”

 

Daniel looked up from his desk.

Sarah walked over and perched on a morsel of clear space.

"Hey, you..!” He said sweetly.

“Daniel, have you talked to Oma lately???” She asked.

“She gets reprimanded if she drops by too often… I don’t think I’ll be seeing her for a while, not since she’s the whole reason the planet was saved..!” He stated thoughtfully, closing the book before him, and looking at Sarah warmly. “What’s the matter?”

“Any Intuitions about Hera and Zeus???” She probed.

“They put you through hell, didn’t they?” He massaged her cold hands.

“Hera did…” Sarah looked at his hands, encompassing hers.

“You’ve got to be looking out for trouble, Daniel, do you hear me???”

“I’ll let you know, Sarah…” He assured her.

“I’m not entirely sure I want to be told…” Sarah was genuine.

“I’ll do anything I can to keep you safe…” He pledged, and, still holding her frail-like hands, he kissed her porcelain cheek…

 

THE END…

Series this work belongs to: