Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
306
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,019

Studied

Summary:

Sanity is overrated. Insanity is contageous.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Studied
by Prodigette


"Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you"


"Damn it!" An anguish-laced voice screamed.

Dick Grayson quickly sat up,reached over to his nightstand, and hurled the alarm clock across the wall. Scowling at the dent it left in the white plaster, the song was faded from playing.

"I'll be watching you...
I'll be watching you...
I'll be watching......"


The room was dark enough, but was only lit by the moonlight that was shining through a window. Something too familiar.

Dick closed his eyes, took a deep breath and leaned his back against the headboard. He'd never be able to rest at this point.

'You can't forget about him' a small voice teased in his head, sounding too much like Tim Drake.

"Shut up!"
'You're too much like him.'
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!!"


The small hairs on the back of Dick's neck stood up, and he turned his head towards the window. Dick got out of bed and took almost-careful steps foreward.

'Close your eyes, and shut the curtains.' the voice returned. Being stubborn as he is, Dick didn't listen.

Across the street on a Bludhaven rooftop, a soaking wet Batman was watching him with binoculars. Dick's eyes widened, and he froze. Neither of them moved for a few minutes.

'Who in the right mind would...' Dick began to think. He knew the exact answer to that, even though that wasn't the right question.

Bruce gave him a small "bye bye" hand gesture. Dick blinked, and he was gone.

Dick quickly shut the curtains, leaned against the window and took a deep breath again.

The voices stopped. Temporarily.




The Fallen: A Batman Fanfiction Archive
http://www.geocities.com/ADarkerKnight/

Occupied Phone Booths: Superman slash
http://www.geocities.com/darkversion_2000/Superman/

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Prodigette.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.