Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 31 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
505
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
1,136

Deja’vu!

Summary:

Episode 30 of the BEYOND MERIDIAN SERIES by BETHANY S. HEARD… Written on: 20.11.02.

Work Text:

 

Deja’vu!
by Bethany

Sam sat, inactive, in her Lab, usually a hub of all the sciences known to man, and some not…

Last night was just so typical! She angrily mused. A bloody injustice!!!

Janet Frasier walked in, at that moment, with two cups of coffee and some biscuits in her hands. “Not going to spill crumbs all over some priceless experiment, am I?” She asked, indicating a clear bit of workspace.

“No…” Sam replied, deflated and frustrated.

Janet put down her load and walked back to the door, shutting it, and retrieving a stool to sit on from by that door…

“Bloody N.I.D!!!” Sam slammed a fist on the table.

“You sound like Jack…” Janet observed.

“It always comes back to him, doesn’t it???” Sam looked at Janet.

“Seems to…” Janet sipped her coffee.

“Joseph and me, we were…” Sam paused. “We were happy…”

“I know…” Janet agreed.

“Then, this damn country’s PATHETIC excuse for a government intervenes… It seemed Joe was so lucky he got back in at the Pentagon!”

“Now, you’re not so sure it was luck?” Janet mused.

“No! It bloody well wasn’t! They were keeping an eye on him!!!…” Sam took a few seconds to take out her frustrations on a biscuit. “So much of an eye on him, in fact, that they decided that we were getting too friendly, that he might no longer be impartial when dealing with the SGC…”

“They tried to boot him out???” Janet asked patiently.

 

“Yep!” Sam made eye contact with Frasier again, and then, she looked away once more… They’re all gonna hear about it if I scream this place down! She thought. And I could bloody well do it right now!!!

“So, when he came round last night, he told you all about it?” Janet put a hand on Sam’s arm.

Sam turned to look at her, fighting tears of anger. “Why can’t I ever be happy???” Sam asked her.

Janet felt anger well inside of her. Damn bloody Military… It never allows us room for our lives, for our feelings..! Why can’t she be happy if she wants to be???

“He said he’d pack it all in for me… He said we didn’t have to play by their rules… But what Maybourne said kept coming back to me…” Sam told Janet.

“What did Maybourne say???” Janet asked.

“He was right. He said that the more good people there are to fight the corruption we have in our government, the harder that corruption will crumble and fall…” Sam stated tiredly.

“I hope so…” Janet thought aloud.

“We’ll never know, if we give up the few good men and women willing to stand with us on the frontline…” Sam said resolutely. “I wouldn’t let him go through with it… Damn bloody duty!!! No one ever appreciates it… They’re all too busy being totally oblivious!!!”

“But without the likes of you and Joseph Faxen, Sam, they’d all be obliviated instead…” Janet looked deep into the eyes of her anguished friend…

 

 

THE END

Series this work belongs to: