Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 28 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
796
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,030

Other Duties…

Summary:

Episode 27, written by: BETHANY S. HEARD on 15.11.02… The Alternate Season Six (ish!) of STARGATE: SG1 continues…

Work Text:

                
Other Duties…
by Bethany

Teal’c scoured the shelves at the video store. “How about this one?” He held up a box from the sci-fi collection, then spotted another “And this one???”

“Don’t think you’d like those, T…” Jack came sauntering over.

“Why not, O’Neill..?” Teal’c asked reasonably.

“Oh, um, gross aliens in gross places…” Jack replied non-commitally.

“Excuse me?” Teal’c still wasn’t getting it.

“A little too close to home…” Jack leant in toward Teal’c’s closest ear conspirationally.

“One must face his fears, O’Neill…” Teal’c stated.

“O-ooh-Kaaayyyy then…” Jack exaggerated. “Let’s get a move on to that pizza takeaway across the road… Looks like they’ll be shutting up soon…” The queue had died down.

 

Teal’c leant forward to reach the remote control, the second film having just ended. “So that is why you’re nervous around the Goa’uld and the Tok’ra, O’Neill…”

Jack shot him a look that defended his male pride. “Maybe…” He admitted. “The Alien Trilogy and those gross lab geek death scenes in Independence Day have a habit of doing that to a person..!”

Teal’c nodded.

“But Sigourney Weaver, that’s somethin’ else!!!” He grinned.

“Ripley???” Teal’c asked for confirmation. “I’m a married man, O’Neill… And I prefer the pizza!”

“Likely story..!” Jack threw a cushion at him. “Pass me the squirty salad cream for that last slice of barbecue chicken pizza, will ya, buddy?”

    

 

Daniel Jackson was sitting at his desk. He looked up to be greeted by the figure of Sarah, a silhouette in the doorway. He smiled.

“Can I come in?” She asked, being brave even to be back in the place that so reminded her of when she had been taken as a host.

“Of course you can…” He got up, and walked over to her, taking her hand.

She stepped over the threshold with his help, and made her own way to his chair. “You don’t mind, do you?!” She indicated taking up his seat, in which she already sat.

He grinned. “You can sit in my seat all day if it means you’re happy to be in this room…”
    
“Near enough,” She paused. “I’m happy to be with you!” She smiled wonderfully.

 

Sam and Janet sat around in Janet’s living room, with Cassie, and a chessboard was nearby.

Sam asked Cassie “Sorry I haven’t been about much lately… What’s been going on around here?”

“Not a lot… How many teenage girls do you know who’d rather spend a Saturday Night in with their Mom?” Cassie grinned good-naturedly. Janet grabbed her daughter, and hugged her close, pulling her at a funny angle from where she sat cross-legged on the floor. When released, Cassie added in a voice so trained in the art of dead-pan, it seemed she’d actually been taking lessons from Jack. “The Ben & Jerry’s won me over…” She looked over her shoulder at her Mom, looking at her with an affection that said otherwise.

She’s on the mend… Sam absently noted to herself, and she said, “Speaking of which, whose going to open the other tub if I put While You Were Sleeping in the player..?”

“If Bill Pullman’s gonna be on the screen, I’m not goin’ anywhere!!!” Cassie beamed.

“Me either..!” Janet said excitedly.

“Talk about like mother like daughter…” Sam said, in a mock-whisper. “I get the first two spoonfuls
then!” She stated, looking over her shoulder as she was on the way out of the living room door, just in time to see mother and daughter glare at her and burst out laughing…

 

George Hammond sat eating southern fried chicken a curly fries at the SGC. The Mess-Hall was almost abandoned, but he and Jonas ate their meals across the table from one another quite companionably.

Jonas cut up his last piece of crispy bacon with gusto. He paused, asking General Hammond. “Got any plans for tomorrow, sir?”

“I guess a man’s gotta go home sometime, huh, son?” Hammond laughed at himself.

“ I haven’t got any family to go home to either, sir, except for Professor Kyran…” Jonas replied amicably.

“I thought Jack and Teal’c usually invited you to their video evenings?” He asked.

“They do!” Jonas paused. “But I had some catch up research to… well… catch up on!”

“It went well, I hope?” George Hammond asked, genuinely.

“It did, sir, thank you…” Jonas said, pleased with himself.

“Well, tomorrow, I think I might just slip out for a few hours, go and see those granddaughters of mine, and their new baby brother…” George smiled as he thought of his new grandson, named after his own father, Denver Dearborn Hammond. “My daughter, Faye, will need a hand by then… One of her husband’s friend’s is getting married next weekend, and Wade’s organising his Bachelor party…”

“ Sounds fun!” Jonas quipped.

“That’s what Wade’s hoping, too!” George laughed. “So, I think I might be needed around the house somehow!!!”

 Good plan, sir!” Jonas said happily. “And I’ll go and visit Professor Kyran..!”

“Wonderful!” Hammond beamed boomingly.


THE END… 

Series this work belongs to: