Actions

Work Header

Merged...

Summary:

Right, now, here it is: (Installment No. 17 of the SG1 alternate Season 6 that began with mine and SIMON’S “BEYOND MERIDIAN”…)

Work Text:


MERGED…
by Bethany

“Is this the sensible thing to do?” Jonas Quinn asked.

“Nope…” O’Neill frowned.

“Definitely not.” Daniel commented.

“We don’t have a choice!” Carter said, almost irritably.

“It is our duty to save your world from peril, O’Neill…” Teal’c added.

“Don’t I know it!” Jack sighed. “Even if it means we have to fly WAY to close to weird vortex-y things…”

“In a hyperspeed capable stolen Goa’uld vessel…” Daniel chimed in.

“It has been modified…” Carter justified.

“We know…” Jack affirmed.

“That’s what worries us…” Jonas whispered.

“Oh, shit, sir…!” Carter changed her tune.

“What???” O’Neill practically jumped on her.

“We’re doomed…” Jonas said aloud.

 

 

Daniel was the first to waken… He hadn’t Ascended. So, where the hell was he??? This place is one weird hell! He thought, looking at his hands, as he sat on a floor that didn’t seem to be there…

“Wooaahhh…!” Jack rubbed his head, as he, too, found consciousness.

“I’ve never seen anything like it…” Jonas was awake as well.

Daniel and Jack looked at him. Jonas Quinn had supposedly seen everything Creation had to offer. He’d roamed it ALL with Oma DeSala’s band of beings.

“Where are we, O’Neill?” Teal’c sat up.

“Where’s our ship?” Sam groggily added.

“… Our only way of getting home…” Jack said to himself, but everyone heard him.

“What are you doing in my Matrix?” A gargantuan image of a beautiful woman demandingly flickered into this existence, whatever it was.

“You’re definitely not Keanu Reeves…” Jack said in awe.

Daniel looked up at her. “We don’t know what we’re doing here…” He straightened his glasses.

“We seem to have both been investigating the inter-spacial flecture…” The chiselled man said.

“Maybe you were…” Jack said. “We were just sight seeing a little too near this big outer space thing…”

“Anomaly, sir…” Sam leant in, and told him quietly.

“That’s what Captain Hunt is talking about…” The image of that woman came to sudden life…

“Jeez… Would you stop doin’ that, lady???” Jack jumped at her immediate presence.

The dark haired beauty glared at him like a school ma’am.

“Can you get us out of this place?” Jonas asked, as he watched Daniel interestingly peering around, like this had been exactly where he wanted to be…

“We have your ship aboard…” Hunt stated. “Your bodies are still in it…”

“Our bodies..?” Jack frowned.

“Oh, no… No! You’re not dead!” Hunt beamed.

“What a relief!” Jack looked at him challengingly. “So, can you get us outta here??? I’ve been separated from my body before, and I didn’t  enjoy the experience…!

“We can integrate you back into your bodies…” The fearsome woman looked down upon them.

 

Daniel Jackson woke up, and felt a device on his neck. He looked up and saw a golden woman. He blinked. She was still gold, and still clad in leather that looked like Madonna’s choice wardrobe from a not so long gone era… He then looked at the foot of what he realised was the bed he lay on. The beautiful woman was there. But she looked different in ‘reality’. Her hair was flecked with red, even more vibrant than Hathor’s tresses… She seemed profoundly sad to see him. Daniel sat up. “Where are the other members of SG1?”

“We’re over here, Daniel…” Jack said.

Daniel looked past the beauty with sad eyes. He saw all the other members of SG1 sitting, like he was, in what appeared to be some kind of medical bay.

“Are we real? We’re not in robots???” Jack asked a leather clad blond woman, who walked with the sure air of a pilot. He should know. He was one as well, only with more down to Earth flight equipment. Everyone around here just loves leather! He noted, sneaking a look at the back of her skin tight pants…

“You’re not an AI, I promise…!” She smiled warmly. As they walked a long a huge corridor.

“Huh?” Jack said.

“Artificial intelligence, Jack…” Daniel came alongside him, and whispered.

“No need to beat me with it!” Jack replied.

“This place is really amazing!” Jonas was talking to the red-head golden girl in the medical centre.

“I’m glad you’ve noticed!” She smiled playfully.

A spiky surf-sort, male and about the same age as Jonas, joined in “We’re far more advanced here than anything you’ve got!” He grinned, standing very close to Golden Girl…

“Can I go and join my friends in the Mess Hall now?” Jonas jumped down from his sickbed.

“If I must let you go…!” Madonna mark II winked.

“Hi…” Daniel approached her.

“Hello…” She shyly looked away.

“Why do you look so sad when you set eyes on me?” He ventured, as he stood by her on an Observational Deck.

“Don’t you have anyone like me in your world?” She almost whispered.

“Like you?” He wondered.

“I knew you, here, in my Universe…” She looked at him awkwardly. “I shot you actually…” She wasn’t bragging.

“Oooohhh…” Daniel looked her in the eyes. “Oooh-Kaaay…”

“And I loved you…” She added.

That really did shoot him. “You… Loved me?”

“That’s right.” She said, matter of factly. “You were a crazed android, but it wasn’t your fault, and you asked me to shoot you, and it broke both our hearts… To this day.”

“You’re still not over me…?” He asked.

“I’m trying to be…”She divulged. “Sometimes, when I’m with someone in particular, my heart gets patched up a little for every moment I can be with him…” She looked up at Daniel with tears in her eyes. “But I feel like I’m a traitor…” She shed some of her tears. “Then you show up, and you might as well be him come back to haunt me…” She looked away, stamped her foot on the deck much harder than she should have.

“If he was anything like me…” Daniel paused, holding her hands, and stooping a little to look directly into her glorious eyes. “He wouldn’t want you to be alone with that broken heart of yours… You’re much too… remarkable… to spend your life in solitude.”

“Why does he keep looking at me in that manner?” Teal’c asked the fellow warrior who stood at his side on the ship’s bridge. The man’s name was Tyr Anasazi, he had learned, and he, too, was an outsider in a culture that promoted supremacy.

“You look just like someone he knows…” The man said, pushing aside his long hair, an artwork, and leaning in conspirationally.

“I apologise…” Dylan Hunt said, catching their conversation. “But do you have any relatives named Achilles?”

Teal’c spotted Major Carter bounding onto the Bridge. “Captain!” She almost ran over to Hunt. “This ship of yours, it’s… unbelievable!!!… I wish I had one of these back home!… It’d solve a lot of problems…”

“If I were to go through the spacial rift, it may upset the balance of your home galaxy…” The holographic woman appeared beside Samantha Carter.

“In more ways than one…” Sam nodded.

“Can we go home now?” O’Neill looked at spiky boy again.

“We friggin’ hope so…” Harper grinned.

“So do I, my friend…” Jack O’Neill liked this boy. He could understand him, sometimes… Though he went a little odd when he was around Carter, on several different levels, but that’s to be expected! Jack grinned to himself.

Harper closed the hyperspace travellers’ door, and gave them a thumbs up through the forcefield window pane.

“Hold on tight, sir!” Samantha Carter warned.

“I always do, Major…!” He said, under his breath, and with a begrudging grin on his face.

 

Daniel woke up. He was the first one conscious again, and, as before, Jack was first to follow his example, for once…

“Are we home yet???” Jack immediately asked Daniel.

“I think so…” Daniel wandered over to the cockpit of the craft. He keenly glanced at all the read-outs on display.

“Ya think so?” O’Neill hurried over, and looked away as his eyes began to glaze with overload.

Carter came up behind him. “The rift’s closed!… It worked!”

“Harper’s magic did the trick…?!” Jack asked.

“Sure did, sir. although technically, it was his genius…” She stated for the record, accurate as ever.

“Is that what it was…?” Jack thought aloud. “And we still have these things, don’t we?” He felt the data-port on his neck.

“We can get these off when we get home, sir…” Sam beamed reassuringly.

“Are you sure???” He asked hotly.

“Harper said it’d be easy… Golden Girl didn’t put them in that deep. So, we should be able to salvage them, too!”

“We can go home then???” Jonas joined the group, Teal’c not far behind him. “…Too bad…”

Everyone looked at him. He blushed, but only just. “I’ll miss Goldie...!”

Daniel thought of the AI woman. As beautiful as the Queen Nefertiti of Legend… Though his true heart would always belong to his Sky Goddess, Sha’re, who waited for him in the Desert beyond… As Queen Nefertiti’s sweet heart will always belong to her Pharaoh, Gabriel… Daniel imagined…

                
THE END….

Series this work belongs to: