Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of Beyond The Pain
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-11-07
Words:
2,227
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
3
Kudos:
22
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
3,160

Target

Summary:

Fandom: CSI Miami
Pairing: Horatio/Speed
Author: Aiden
Rating:FRT 13.
Warning: Angst, hurt/comfort, disability (blindness)
Beta: SRS/Silvia *hugs* Thanks a bunches, you know for what. *grins*
Summary: This was supposed to be a quiet day at the park.
Author's note: In this AU, H is still with CSI, but Speed is blind due to congenital glaucoma and owns several nightclubs in Miami. This was supposed to be just one story *headdesk* but when I started to write my brain went haywire, so there will be more

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Target.
by Aiden

 

Horatio woke up and turned to look at a sleeping Speed; he smiled when he heard him snore. What is it that Speed kept saying, 'I don't snore'. Yeah right.

Moving closer to Speed, Horatio moved his hand over the exposed back. "Speed, it's time to wake up."

A groan was the only response from his lover, "Just a few more minutes."

He bent over him and moved his tongue over Speed's neck, "I want to enjoy this day to his fullest, so get up."

Speed yawned and turned his face towards Horatio, "You know, you're way too cheerful this early in the morning."

It always amazed Horatio how Speed knew the time without checking his watch. When he'd asked him about it, Speed had shrugged his shoulders, 'I guess it's something you learn when you born blind.' He called it his inner clock.

"Okay, I'm going to take a shower first so you can stay in bed for a few more minutes," Horatio smiled, getting out of bed. Horatio knew Speed couldn't resist taking a shower with him.

"You're evil," Speed mumbled, getting out of bed and following him into the bathroom.

Turning on the water, Horatio waited a few minutes before he stepped under the water, dragging Speed with him. He took the soap bar and gently rubbed it over the young man's chest. Speed closed his eyes, a moan escaping his lips.

"We're going to end up in bed again if you keep this up," Speed said.

"Would that be so bad?" Horatio asked, a hint of deviance in his voice.

"No," Speed growled, "But it's been a while since we went to the park, and you've seen how excited Butch has been these past few days. He knows."

"That's true," Horatio answered, stopping what he was doing.

"Hey, don't stop," Speed pouted.

Horatio snickered and cupped Speed's scruffy cheek, kissing him, "We're going to the park," he commented when he broke off the kiss.

Speed sighed, "Okay, let's get ready, but this isn't over," he promised.

~.~

They where lying on a blanket, and Horatio was feeding Speed fresh strawberries covered with whipped cream, "Next one coming," he warned him.

Speed poked out his tongue, waiting for Horatio to give it to him. Horatio stopped midway and snickered, "Hey, that's not fair teasing the blind guy," he pouted, knowing exactly what he was doing.

At that moment, Butch decided that it was time to give him some TLC, he jumped in between them, licking Speed in his face, "Butch, stop that."

Horatio laughed, "I think someone feels a little neglected," he said sitting up.

"Yeah, I guess so." Scratching Butch's belly, Speed sighed in contentment.

"It's his day, too," Horatio joined in, smiling as he saw how happy Butch was. Suddenly, Horatio's eyes went wide; he stopped breathing for a moment.

"H are you okay?" Speed felt the sudden change in Horatio. Something was wrong.

"Speed," Horatio hissed, pain evident in his voice, trying to stay upright, "Don't panic but call an ambulance."

"What happened?" Speed heard the pain in Horatio's voice, and knew something was seriously wrong.

"I've been shot," he managed to say, before he went limp and fell back, losing consciousness.

"H!" Speed yelled. "H talk to me, please." Butch whined while Speed grabbed his phone and called 911, "I need an ambulance," he took a deep breath, this was not the time to panic. He told dispatch where they were and he clicked his phone shut, he let his hands roam over the blanket till he found Horatio's arm, "Babe, please say something."

He took his phone again and called Alexx, "Alexx," he said as soon as she answered.

She had heard the panic in his voice, 'Speed baby, what's wrong?'

"H has been shot; I called 911 and they'll be here in five minutes. I'm scared Alexx, I don't know what to do."

'Speed, you're at the park right?' Horatio had told Alexx what they had planned to do this weekend.

"Yeah," he laid a hand on Horatio's chest, needed to feel him breathe.

"Speed," Horatio moaned.

"H? Alexx, he woke up."

'Speed hold tight, I live near the park. I'll be there as soon as possible.'

"Okay, please hurry." He closed his phone and focused on Horatio, "You're still with me?"

"I'm here," he stated between clenched teeth.

"Where are you shot?"

"My shoulder, it's a through and through," Horatio explained. He took a napkin, put it on the wound and took Speed's hand," You've got to put pressure on it," he said when he put his hand on the napkin.

"I don't want to hurt you more," Speed said.

"We've got to stop the bleeding as best as we can, and I can't do it myself."

"Okay, Alexx is going to be here soon," Speed told him, putting pressure on the wound. He felt Horatio slightly shifting under his hand and knew that he was hurting him. "You're okay?"

"Yeah, keep putting pressure on it."

"I'm sorry," Speed whispered.

"For what?" Horatio bit his lip when a wave of pain hit him.

"For not being able to do more for you."

"Babe, you're doing fine," Horatio ensured him.

Speed lifted his head, "What is that?"

Horatio tried to listen but didn't hear anything," You hear something?"

"It sounds like a…" he stopped short when he felt the wind picking up. "Is that a helicopter?"

Horatio looked up and saw a helicopter approach, "Yeah, it is."

"Speed, H!" Alexx ran up to them, bowing her head against the wind as the helicopter landed on an isolated section of the park.

"Alexx!" Speed yelled.

She crouched down and touched Speed's hand, "You can let go now, baby. I called in Air Rescue."

He did and sat down, panic starting to set in," He's going to be okay?"

Alexx looked over her shoulder, and saw the paramedic's approach, "He's going to be fine." She watched the paramedics loaded Horatio onto the stretcher. She pointed at Speed, "Is it okay if he goes with him? "

One of the paramedics shook his head, "Sorry, no passengers."

Horatio removed the mask they had put on his mouth, "He's coming with me and so is she."

"Sir, we can't do that," the man stated.

"Yes, you can or I'll call your supervisor," Horatio said, not leaving any room for argument. The man nodded.

Alexx took Speed's hand, "You're coming with me," she saw that his whole body was shaking. "Shh, he's going to be okay."

"I didn't know what to do. I felt so helpless for the first time in my life," he said, crying.

"Oh, baby," Alexx took him in her arms and just held him. "You called 911, helped H stop the bleeding, you kept it together. Let me tell you this, anyone else would have panicked right away. You're entitled to cry now," she whispered and rubbed his back.

Speed raised his head and smiled, "I did."

"Yeah, you did, now let's get to the hospital."

TBC.