Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
343
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,007

Homesick

Summary:

General -- one cuss word -- PG
Spoilers for season 5 season finale
Penalty Post
Not beta'd

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Homesick
by Julie A. Richards

 

NCIS Special Agent Afloat Anthony DiNozzo, finished going through his day's email and called it a night.  Closing up the small office, he began to make his way to the mess hall to see what could be had at the relatively late hour.

Washington DC was incredibly far away.  On night's like these, he was even more homesick than usual.  He missed his city; he missed all of his old haunts and being able to go out, have a beer and chat with the regulars at his favorite watering hole.

He missed his team.  While they had never spent much off-duty time together, he missed the camaraderie and the comfort he found in knowing who they were, who he was and what he could be when he was with them.

But what he missed most was being connected... feeling connected.

Yeah, he was on an air-craft carrier, location not to be revealed, and had access to a lot of 'drool worthy' technology -- if you were Abby or McGee -- and the surveillance equipment was awesome.

But... all of that wasn't MTAC though.

The carrier was like a small moving city and even though he'd begun to make friends, perhaps even a couple he'd keep in touch with after getting back on land, they weren't his team.

Hell, "his" team weren't even together, technically, to begin with.

Yeah, Gibbs, Abby and McGee were still in the Naval Yard but Gibbs had three new people and McGee was in another department in a completely different building.

And Ziva was back in Israel.

While Agent Afloat was considered a promotion and also a plum assignment... it wasn't what Tony had ever wanted.

He sighed, his feet having taken him up top instead of to the commissary.  Taking a moment, he looked up at the sky, marvelling again how full of stars it seemed when you got away from the city lights.

Just before turning to go back inside, he caught sight of a shooting star.

Shrugging mentally, he made a wish.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Julie A Richards.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.