Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 17 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,779
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,900

Dream State

Summary:

Answered for a long ago challenge (I think!) on the BattlestarForAdults list - A crossover between Battlestar 70's and Battlestar 2003 - This is how it all unfolds, with a touch of Bill/Saul & 70's Apollo/Starbuck along the way..!

Work Text:

12.6.06 – Inspired by the Dream Lovers Challenge – NC17 Slash Fan-Rated: Adult Only.

Alternate Universe New BSG and Original BSG Crossover:

Lee Adama could not sleep. She was down on that planet, busily in love, her only parting gift, uncaring words that irked him.
As he lay there, Kara Thrace weighing infuriatingly on his mind; Lee let the atmosphere of twilight, belonging to the planet below, swallow his consciousness, even if he could not sleep.
He wanted to laugh bitterly, but couldn’t. He was, apparently, his father’s son – Love did not come easy. Only, his father now seemed to be living with love, while he, Lee, was still in the stage where he couldn’t accept it, live with it on his skin, or much of anything else.
He knew his father had Tigh in his bed with him right now. Lee still wondered if his father had been in love with Saul throughout his marriage and divorce to Lee & Zac’s mother, Caroline.
Zac. Zac whom had also been Kara’s lover. Far more successfully than Lee himself had – even though Zac’s move from her had been a graceful move onward, so that Lee and she could itch their mutual scratch without guilt, and see where it took them…

… A vision came to Lee then. His consciousness was so that he thought it might be a dream…

It was of another Galactica – People with ‘his’ crew’s names, but not their faces, no their genders, necessarily… He realised all this and more as he observed their lives.

Commander Adama, ‘his’ father was, (like Lee’s own) a tall, strongly built man. This man though, his grey hair was paler, and his face was different, but he, too, had the presence of the Lords. From the conversation, that this Adama was having, with a lady, a family member, Lee thought… It seemed that this man had been born into a family with the Standing to match his presence.
“Ila…” This Adama said. “My dear wife.”
Lee noted this somewhere in his mind.
“You are my refuge – With you, I am only Adama, William Adama. My family’s status is elevated to Royalty only in my soul… A far more precious royalty and a far more precious place to be, when I am with you… And, you are with me…”
Ila looked to William. “Dear thing, from where have all these poetics come..?”
“From being so very tired and so very grateful… That’s where…” He looked into her eyes as he moved to sit beside her. Soon after that, a child, a boy, came rushing into the room to be with them. He dashed onto the couch between William Adama & Ila.
Lee thought how he looked a bit like that Orphan boy they’d rescued on Caprica, the one whom now been adopted by a woman somewhere in the fleet – The boy whose name was Daniel Boxey.
“Daniel, son.” Adama welcomed him, as the child scrambled to settle between his parents. “Another reason to be so very grateful!” He kissed the top of the boy’s head. “ – That mother Ila and I could rescue such a good young man..!” Adama & Ila were so happy – Even in the middle of a situation similar, Lee could tell somehow, to the one the fleet faced in his existence.
Somehow, that thought brought him to view another set of quarters, and more crew onboard this other Galactica. Lee didn’t recognise any of the faces here either. Names? Sure! But faces..? What did all this mean, for frack’s sake??
One beautiful young girl in the room was named Athena. Tears were brought to Lee’s eyes here. Athena was the name of his and Zac’s sister, too. He was young, and Zac was not even born, when she had died – some illness or other that he didn’t care to bring back into memory… She had been the middle child and the only daughter of bill and Caroline Adama.
This woman, Athena – Did she have the same face his sister would have had? Probably not, since names did not match faces here… But…
“Apollo…” She was saying, “Brother dear,” she smiled beautifully. “Zac is in the Heavens moaning at you uproariously, you or the gods, because this meal tastes better than the Ambrosia he gets to eat up there!”
Apollo? So, this was him? Lee tried to fathom that. No Zac? He tried not to consider that.
This Apollo raised his glass, of whatever he and his guests were drinking, to the Heavens. “Zac, here you go, buddy…”
A blond man offered up the drink he had raised, to Zac, the brother of Apollo and Athena. “To Zac Adama..!”
“Why can’t you cook like this?” Athena squeezed the hand of the man sitting next to her, as she ate the last mouthful of what had been on her plate.
“Because you never taught me..!” He replied.
Athena sipped her drink, “Watch it, James! Or, I’ll cut down the amount of dessert you have a right to!”
“I don’t provide the dessert, Boomer…” Apollo told this man.
Was he a Cylon, too, then? Like Sharon ‘Boomer’ Valerii, the woman whom had nearly killed his father. He prayed not, because Athena was obviously in love with him, and Lee did not want another family put asunder by any action in the same vein… Well, ok, clearly not the same veins. James was a different being… But, again…
“No – I do..!” Athena stated in answer to her brother, Apollo. “For him anyway..! Though I’m not so sure I should this time…” She informed them all, especially Boomer.
“You really don’t provide the dessert, Apollo!?” A woman with blond hair teased.
“No, Cassie… Only for him..!” Apollo indicated the golden haired (blond) man…
This surprised Lee. What did it say about him..?? Again, he thought of his father and Tigh.
“We could do dessert tomorrow night, duty rosters permitting… That is, if I can find some..!” Apollo pondered.
They all nodded.
“I want my dessert tonight..!” The blond man, Apollo’s apparent partner, informed him.
“You’ll get yours tonight, Starbuck!” Apollo assured him…
So, this was Starbuck! Lee realised. His wondering deepened. He wasn’t attracted to this Starbuck, only ‘his’ – But she wasn’t even his! And, this man certainly wasn’t!
“Come on then… I think we should all leave them to it..!” Another Brunette, her hair not as dark or wavy as Athena’s, stood up from the round table. Cassie stood then, too, linking arms with this other woman. “I happen to agree, Sheba..!” She grinned.
Each of them stood, including the host, Apollo, and the respective couples said their farewells to the others. Eventually, Lee was still ‘with’ them as Starbuck and Apollo were alone…

Adama lay in his bed, his arms were draped around his lover, Saul – His lips could brush the man’s neck. They both faced a small observation window.
Bill Adama was somehow aware that the dream he was having now, he’d been having similarly for a while now…
They felt like observations – of a world whose palette was coloured differently, and yet not so differently. The uniforms were golden brown, not black, similar in colour and style to some old uniforms he’d seen in a Military Museum – These were like remakes, tributes even… And, he was wandering around low-lit corridors, down the halls of another Galactica. He knew he was, somehow… Occasionally, people would walk toward him, their lives coming at him – For as they passed, he heard and saw snippets of their lives. He even heard the name Baltar mentioned – He was someone that they, too, had obviously had problems with, whomever he was to them, because Bill had not seen him – as he could recognise him, or otherwise, as far as he could tell…
Adama sighed, and pulled Saul a little closer. They faced everything in each other’s arms. Even in his sleep, he knew how much better off he would be to be reminded of the love between them…

“God, Starbuck!” Apollo cried out. “Hold me… Just, for frack’s sake, hold on to me..!”
Starbuck smiled at the expression on his love’s face. “Always.” He smiled, and felt Apollo’s grip on hisbiceps. Starbuck stroked Apollo’s back, as Apollo yearned and writhed for him. He knelt with Apollo, in the middle of their bed ; their hands had fallen to each other’s groin. Well, Starbuck had one hand touching Apollo there, the other still caressed his man’s back… “Hey now…” Starbuck soothingly assured. “You’re doing good. You’ll be okay, Apollo. You’ll be okay, darlin’…”
Apollo could feel himself supported by Starbuck, by his thighs, which Apollo knelt between, by the hand that carefully, broadly secured his back, and the one that steered him and his cock, right back there, at the base, taking his balls as well, and slipping up and down his length… “Love me, please… Love me..!”
“In a minute, sweetheart… I’ll lay you down…” Starbuck spoke around the reverie of his own climax, feeling it as Apollo was kissing him, and rocking in his arms, their clammy bodies heightened.
At that, Apollo screamed, coming, and Starbuck; equally primal, equally fevered, grunted, and then, screeched, and leaned into Apollo’s immediate embrace.
Leaning on each other, through each other, they learnt to breath again.
Lee, observing from his unconscious out of body experience didn’t think he’d ever witnessed such an explosion of love. Their act was simple enough – How could it feel that good between them… The only stimulant they shared any signs of taking in, was each other… The love did not seem faked.
He wanted that communion and elevation – No pun – Instead, genuine sentiment and description of the moment of emotion dwelling between these two… with his Starbuck. – Granted, his was a woman, but he wasn’t enough of a bigot to think that the love couldn’t be the same…
Was this the kind of love his Dad, his Adama, felt for and with his Galactica’s Saul Tigh..?? He’d known about them for years. He, his mother, and Zac, all knew about it. And Bill Adama would never deny the fact when challenged over it, not since he and Carol-Anne split…
Is this like the love you feel, Dad, you and him..? Lee wondered. “Is this the kind of love Kara feels right now, for someone else..?? Does everyone else feel this kind of love living inside them..?!

The End..?

Series this work belongs to: