Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
388
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,036

Derby Date

Summary:

After the Rollerskating Derby episode, or inspired by it (All Jammed Up..? Was that the title!?)... An ally helps Mac & Danny cover up the fact that they're going on a date by becoming a chaperone...

Work Text:

Going to the Roller-Derby hadn’t been a date. Well, his reasons for going there hadn’t been. Jane Parsons and he and Danny had gone together, and Mac wasn’t sure whom had been the chaperone – Him or Jane. The thing of it was, he and Danny and Jane had been in the lab one evening, and she was finishing up, getting ready to go home – Or, in this case, to the roller-derby, to which she’d got free tickets because an old friend of hers worked for a team there – Not ‘SheHateMe’s’ thank goodness… Jane had been given three tickets. Her friend said that was enough to bring a bunch of pals from work, or a date and a chaperone… But up until then, Jane was going to go alone, she confessed. Jane had convinced him and Danny to go with her – Knowingly maybe… (In fact, he was almost sure of it. She was, perhaps, their unspoken ally. Though his bosses would probably accuse them of a threesome! Hey, they’d probably get away with that more than they would if he & Danny were ‘outed’… But he and Danny had both come from backgrounds where cover was necessary – Annoying though necessary in certain circles)… He hadn’t used Claire as cover. He’d loved her. And, he wouldn’t use Jane, as such, though she seemed willing to come to the aid of two friends, and help The Match-Maker along… And, maybe, they should be grateful for that… He didn’t know what Jane’s reasons were, and part of him was still wary of the arrangement backfiring in the face of him and Danny… But Mac Taylor knew about trust as well as caution. Both were vital in the pursuit of being able to live your life…

At the time. he hadn’t known, or been fully prepared to admit, why he’d agreed to go to the roller-derby that night – Stella was right. It wasn’t his scene… But then, neither had that kennel club show he and Stella found themselves at that time, been either… He just had the feeling that going to the derby was something he should do, in pursuit of living his life… And, he was trusting in that… Because he needed Danny so badly.

 

The End..?
8.11.06