Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
558
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,316

Coming Back

Summary:

Fixing A Friend In Need....

Work Text:

Xena was coming back. She knew that, but not when, yet… She knew that she was needed again – That she had proved herself, and knew now that she would be rewarded now. It was a faith thing.

She looked at her beautiful Gabrielle. Ferocious, yet absolutely pure, pride welled within Xena, for the woman she saw sleeping by this campfire. “I will soon be back, my love…” She whispered. For she realised now, more than ever, that she did love Gabrielle. That she had to show her by being with her again, and properly this time, and she was being allowed this, because this was the next natural step for her; on their journey.

… Gabrielle packed up the camp she’d made the night before…

And, there, when she turned around, was Xena. Gabrielle instantly felt tears in her eyes, but she thought this was just a remembrance or a visitation… “Hello, Xena…”

Xena walked toward her, kissed her immediately.

Gabrielle fell into the dream easily. Breathed far easily in Xena’s presence than she could ever remember doing, even before.

The sun poured in spots through the forest. The moment was forever, Gabrielle felt, even though she was convinced it wasn’t.

Xena broke the kiss, held onto Gabrielle by her arms. “Gabrielle, this is real…”

Gabrielle just stared at her. “Why?”

“It is a gift, because you need me… This is our time. For us.” Xena explained.

“It can’t be that simple… What happened to all the soul-binding deliverance..?” Gabrielle was still gripping onto Xena’s forearms, as Xena was hers.

“It was the key…” Xena replied.

“Yes, I know… You were the integral part of their eternal reward.” Gabrielle reasoned.

I was. And because I did as I was asked; you are mine… For the rest of this life and into the next…” Xena looked to her love.

“I’m not hallucinating, am I..?” Gabrielle looked up at Xena.

“No.” Xena stated.

Gabrielle was the one to kiss Xena this time, as though it were the final step to proving the miracle. When she came up for the crisp air all around them both, she closed her eyes, still embracing Xena, but with her head thrown back and heavenward.

Xena waited; watched this Glorious reverie.

And, when Gabrielle came out of it, she was silently shedding those tears in her eyes. “I love you, Xena…”

“Thank Heaven!” Xena exclaimed softly, proclomating actual thanks. She hugged Gabrielle to her body.

Gabrielle clung onto it, all those nightmares of the state in which she’d last seen it, erased. She could only see the beauty that had always been there to be seen. And, she began to kiss Xena again, holding on tightly, exploring all the wonderful realities of Xena’s body.

They were both alive again. It was time to rejoice!

And, this they did. At first with gentle touches, lingering, technicolour reality checks. Fingertips on skin. Bowing to the sweet Bliss of Heaven. It was sweet, it was joyous.

The sun bathed them, filled them with endless warmth and comfort. They were undisturbed. Communicating love. Closeness. Respect, and Thanks… But still needful, still ravenous. Kisses on lips, again, the sweet use of fingertips, loving caresses of new flesh. Hands holding, hands moulding, supporting, contacting, bringing closer.

Xena and Gabrielle made love.

 

3.1.06

The End