Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
690
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
1,237

Christmas Drabbles

Summary:

I wrote this SO very long ago - Can't remember if it was inspired by anything - Maybe, a yahoo fanfic group! These are little snippets of larger moments in time - either SG1 or SGA, all centred around Christmas...

Work Text:

Written: 15.11.04

 

Angel

“Trust Hammond!” Jack muttered to himself in the corner. Look at her!
Sam danced in the middle of the room, an impromptu lesson in Irish and Polish dancing being the cause. The lesson came from Janet.
Jack blamed Hammond, his CO of yesteryear… He’d invited them all. Amidst Tessa, Kayla, and the other members’ of George Hammond’s family, a whole host of familiar faces from the SGC were around the huge room…
At the end of the lesson came a free-for-all. Glorious madness for him to watch… Complete torture!
Janet bounded over. “General, dance, for Heaven’s sake!”
Yeah! Would be Heaven… He thought.
Within seconds, he was next to Samantha Carter at the latest SGC Christmas party…

 

*****

Mistletoe

“Christmas is a cool idea, huh!??” Jack beamed.
“Oh, indeed!!!” Rya’c laughed.
“I don’t think she’d mind, y’know..!” Jack whispered.
“My father is busy wrapping gifts for this ‘pass the parcel’…” Rya’c mused.
“On orders from Colonel Carter!” Jack bounced on his toes. “And Doctor Frasier’s in the kitchen with Daniel and that huge sausage roll she’s been bangin’ on about bakin’ for who knows how long..!” Jack grinned. “Go for it! Brata’c would be so proud!!”
“Actually, he’d moan at me for taking my eye off the ball, as you say..!” Rya’c swigged down the last of his drink.
“Oh, no… You’re most definitely not doing that, soldier!! I bet if I tell Brata’c when he gets in tomorrow, he’ll just say ‘It is the path of a great warrior!!!’ …” Jack clapped Rya’c on the back, and sent him in Cassie’s direction..!
****

 

Bracelet

… It bound them…
“Thank you, General, Sir..!” Sam smiled, her true feelings being shown if not spoken.
“The regs’ don’t say anything about bracelets!” Jack looked out the door as he barely said it.
“No Sir, they don’t… Thank you for picking me out of the hat..!” She beamed. “My gift is still back at the house…”
“Oh, right…” He replied.
Sam looked back toward the half open door to her General’s Office… “See you then, Sir!” She grinned, the picture of all that sparkled on Earth and In Heaven…
****

 

Singin’ In The Rain…

Rodney McKay looked out of a gigantic window on Atlantis. He raised a glass. Thanks, Carter!
His first Christmas halfway across the Galaxy, and McKay felt the need for a tip of the hat to part of the reason why he’d got this far… An invite to the SGC had made sure of that… He’d been so sure Teal’c could not be saved, had already succumbed to the jaws of death, out there in the icy waters of a Stargate Horizon, dark, black, and consuming… But being proven wrong had been finally seeing The Light at the end of the tunnel…
Scrooge no more! He said a prayer and vowed to try not to be…
“Missin’ the family??” Beckett asked, as he came also to look out at the rain…
“Just wondering if my cat will still know my name when I get home…” McKay replied. He wasn’t lying.
“C’mon man! Cheer up!!” Beckett smiled, tipping up a bottle to refill McKay’s glass. “And, don’t worry,” he noted the bottle, “… it says right here: DOES NOT CONTAIN HYPO-GLYCEMIC REACTIONS..!”
“Sing all ye citizens of Heaven above… Is that what you’re trying to say!?” McKay turned to him.
“Exactly, my man..! Eat, drink, and be MERRY..!!!” Beckett turned his friend away from the window, and pushed him into the throng of revelers’…

 

*********

 

SPACE-MONKEY

… “Where the hell did you get that, Space Monkey..???” Janet laughed joyously.
Daniel rolled back into her arms. “Happy Christmas!” He grinned.
“Uhu..! Janet breathed, “That definitely was some Amazing Grace..!”
“They don’t call me Space-Monkey for nothin’..!” He massaged his Love.
“What worries me is, Jack was the first to call you that!” Janet teased.
Daniel frowned playfully. “You learn a lot from going through the Gate!” He admitted, before they both burst out laughing…

 

THE END …